bi headed hifi/HC system..
Greetings to everyone.

I'm utterly glad to be back on XBMC, which I gave up 3 years ago, and moved to standard hardware stuff (UD7006 BR player, dune HD, marantz NA7004 multimedia player). A friend told me XBMC changed a lot, and I decided to install it on my imac, to try it, and...wahou.

So, I'm really thinking about selling all my stuff, and move to a high end HTPC, that could allow me to get
1/the same mkv reading quality (compard to the Dune HD DUO)
2/Bluray playing capabilities
3/flac/flac24/96/192 reading capabilites

All that sound possible (except bluray need anydvdhd), but, I'm struggling with one thing...
through HDMI, I'll outpu all DTS and DTS HD sounds, that sound about right.

but then, for music, I NEED to attack my pre ampli with analog cable, and thus, I'll use either a hifi soundcard (lynx, RME or other) or an USB dac.
I've search, and there's no way to setup XMBC to, in the same user session, get the video sound output via HDMI, and the music via another soundcard/peripherical.
The only way would be to create two session of XBMC if I understand correctly, is that correct?

My HTPC setup will be OrigenAE S16V case, Z77 mobo/8go DDRII, I5 CPU (I have a spare one), 5800GTX card (same, spare one, so instead of selling, will use it), 128go SSD sataIII. Pioneer BR reader.
Will go windows 7 since I have a spare windows key.
If I go the DAC road, it'll be the Schiit Gungnir I think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bi headed hifi/HC system..0