Solved OUYA support subforum?
How about adding a dedicated OUYA support subforum under the XBMC General Help and Support forum?

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

Raspberry Pi already have its own subforum there, and while OUYA is not as popular it is gaining momentum.

I understand that OUYA difference itself from Android just as much as Raspberry Pi is different from Linux?

Once new Google TV platforms with NDK support comes out I think it too should have its own subforum?
(2013-07-15, 15:49)Hedda Wrote: Raspberry Pi already have its own subforum there, and while OUYA is not as popular it is gaining momentum.

I understand that OUYA difference itself from Android just as much as Raspberry Pi is different from Linux?

Ouya = Android. No difference
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-07-15, 16:12)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 15:49)Hedda Wrote: Raspberry Pi already have its own subforum there, and while OUYA is not as popular it is gaining momentum.

Ouya = Android. No difference
Are you 100% sure about? I didn't get that impression based on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1450804
(2013-06-25, 18:18)davilla Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 02:16)stevenz Wrote: Hardware: Ouya console (ARMv7 rev9, Tegra 3)
Firmware: 1.0.5 (Android 4.1.2, kernel 3.1.10)
This is not the Android you might know Smile
I thought he meant that they are using customized Android for OUYA and not just stock Android?

Anyway, Raspberry Pi = Linux? So why do you then have a dedicated subforum for Raspberry Pi?

So I just assumed that OUYA was an unique enough platform to get its own subforum here too?
Yes I am sure.
You can install the regular Android version and use it
Ouya is nowhere near unique
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Over time OUYA will change from normal Android, but XBMC support-wise, there will be virtually no difference. Maybe a small detail here and there, but very minor and not as much as the R-Pi. Most of the changes will be outside of XBMC's scope, if I understand correctly.
I'm concerned that this will become the default OUYA support section/forum for all OUYA issues regardless of involving XBMC or not.
(2013-07-15, 21:05)davilla Wrote: I'm concerned that this will become the default OUYA support section/forum for all OUYA issues regardless of involving XBMC or not.

I think that's almost certainly going to happen.

Anyway, as Ned says, Ouya = Android. The decoder from that thread is designed to support hardware decoding from any NIVIDA Tegra3 chipset (like the Nexus 7), in addition to many other chipsets that conform to the Android spec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA support subforum?0