Release nbox 1.0
Hi,

First Skin which really Stunned me right away. Little Dissapointing is No Mousecoursor is seen. What do i have to change to make it visible?
Only one View.

But the Layout and green colour is Awesome. Thank you for this great Skin!

cheers
Beautifull skin thanks

I use it on my Android tablet.
I have noticed that only left blank space of parameters and shutdown menu are touchable.
Also for my usage the pictures library is missing ?!

Regards
(2013-11-19, 22:51)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Community,

I really like this skin, thanks NIAMU for the hard work, the concept for a uniform interface and the slding in an out panels is excelent.

I personally did not like some elements though ,so I started working on the skin ( this is my first time, so its taking some time). I also really like Aeon Nox, specially their font and their music visualization, so I have used the Aeon Nox Font through out the nbox Skin. I have also modified the Home Menu Layout for the Recent/Random/Recommened items.

I have added cdart in music visualization and artist extrafanart throught all music elements

Here is how it is looking!

This is THE masterpiece !
Finally some more options and views. nbox is beautiful, but it was missing them badly.

How can I get your mod ?
It just saddens me that, being a mod, it won't be hosted on official repositories. Do you plan to set up one yourself ? I'd gladly use that - as I love autoupdate features.

Also, a wish: would you consider a 2x1 Tiles view for tv shows banners ? That would show 4 shows at once like poster view now, but on a nicer layout for some (like me).
Would you consider adding a skin option for color accent ? nbox was green. You went blue. I'd love option to choose between green, blue and Office orance (235, 60, 0)
Hi,

just to clarify:

1. I have not added any new views. I have simply changed the way everything looks, this means you still have the same amount of view options.
2. I didnt go "BLUE". The Screenshots shown are using the the Sky_Blue Theme, this means everything you see in the screenshots whith the Color Accent "Sky_Blue" would be either green, purple, yellow, etc..depending on the chosen theme. so no change there.
3. Regarding views I am not a fan of the "Light Box" solution of the skin , I would really prefer to let the user choose if he wants a List View or a poster view for each specific library type. I am currently working on that. Once I have done that , maybe I can think about new views.

This is a work in progress , If there is an interest on testing the current version as is , let me know and I can post a download link.
(2013-12-30, 07:18)DjCisco Wrote: Hi,

just to clarify:

1. I have not added any new views. I have simply changed the way everything looks, this means you still have the same amount of view options.
2. I didnt go "BLUE". The Screenshots shown are using the the Sky_Blue Theme, this means everything you see in the screenshots whith the Color Accent "Sky_Blue" would be either green, purple, yellow, etc..depending on the chosen theme. so no change there.
3. Regarding views I am not a fan of the "Light Box" solution of the skin , I would really prefer to let the user choose if he wants a List View or a poster view for each specific library type. I am currently working on that. Once I have done that , maybe I can think about new views.

This is a work in progress , If there is an interest on testing the current version as is , let me know and I can post a download link.

please share it, i would like to test it.
Hi Everybody,

for those interested in trying the mod, here is the link.

http://ul.to/1p3xhxk6

This is still a work in progress.

To install simply install the nbox skin from xbmc, then locate the "skin.nbox" folder where the skin is stored, delete it and replace it with the folder provided in the link.
im gonna give this a try
(2014-01-06, 06:58)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Everybody,

To install simply install the nbox skin from xbmc, then locate the "skin.nbox" folder where the skin is stored, delete it and replace it with the folder provided in the link.

This is awesome, great work dude. You should make your own [MOD] thread imo.

edit: I can't access the settings menu, for some reason - all I have is TV Shows and Movies, and no way to get to settings.
press down once, then left twice to call the extra menu.
2 small requests;
i really like the now playing osd when playing music, but it vanishes after a few seconds and goes to a fanart slideshow only. Any way to keep this osd from disappearing?
gotham subtitle support
Any chance of adding PleXBMC integration to this skin?
I've switched over completely to Plex now and may not have any future updates as I don't see a value in XBMC any longer for myself.

I may end up creating a version of nbox for Plex, however lately I've been wondering why a TV interface is not even needed. Personally I'm always browsing on my tablet or phone and sending that to the TV rather than browsing content on the TV itself.

I've been thinking a lot about what kind of interface the TV needs to support the way people like myself interact with it.

We'll see what the future holds, but sadly I don't think I will be updating nbox in its current form further.

For anyone that would like to take over nbox, and continue coding it, they are welcome to contact me and we will sort out the details. Thanks so much everyone for your interest and I hope nbox continues to serve your needs as it did for me.
Ah, shame. :/

Along with Add-ons on the home screen, PleXBMC is the only thing left in this skin for it to be completely perfect.
Hello,

This skin is very nice Wink
But it's hard to navigate with the mouse.. It's my config or the skin ?

(xbmc 13, windows 7)
(2014-01-14, 17:04)niamu Wrote: We'll see what the future holds, but sadly I don't think I will be updating nbox in its current form further.

That's a real shame Sad

nbox is really clean, with some lovely design elements. It would have been nice to see it go forward.

Perhaps some of it's excellent design cues will viral into other skins.

Many thanks for bringing it this far Smile
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
(2014-01-16, 06:50)Avaree Wrote: Hello,

This skin is very nice Wink
But it's hard to navigate with the mouse.. It's my config or the skin ?

(xbmc 13, windows 7)

Mouse is not supported! the skin is inteded with a remote.

(2014-01-11, 21:52)postdeath Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 06:58)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Everybody,

This is awesome, great work dude. You should make your own [MOD] thread imo.

edit: I can't access the settings menu, for some reason - all I have is TV Shows and Movies, and no way to get to settings.

The settings menu is hidden and accesible from any of the media menus :MOVIES: TV SHOWS; MUSIC: LIVE TV,

Once in a Main media menu simply navigate to the left to display the hidden menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nbox 1.01