Rate Possible HTPC Build ($300.00 Budget)
So i've been pricing parts for a while this site has been a great resource among others. Primary uses will be XBMC, streaming from various sites and playing blu ray discs. I still have about 100+ hd dvd movies that I would love to get into again but I'm not sure I can or want to incorporate a combo drive into the build. Basically I want this to be my stand alone player for discs as well as media. I was using a WDTV Live Plus but I'm sick of its limitations.....

Anyways this is what I have so far.

CPU: AMD A4-5300 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mini ITX FM2 Motherboard ($95.38 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($38.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Apex MI-008 Mini ITX Tower Case w/250W Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($56.99 @ Newegg)
or this http://tinyurl.com/lot79h5 (LG ELECTRONICS GGC-H20N HD DVD - Blu-ray Combo)

Total: $286.34

I have a TB drive that I will use for now possibly upgrade later to an SSD and OS will be Win 7 64bit. I still have the xbox hddvd add on that I can use through usb if possible.

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
If saving $$ is on your mind, you could try this deal from newegg, with CPU and 8G memory included, its an option worth considering.....
It's fine....
Has everything you need.

whitebelly is on to something.
XBMC on MacMini + <12TB of material displaying on 60" or 150".
Can the Celeron 847 support a Blu Ray drive and playback software? The free ram will save me a ton and probably leave room to get the SSD.
Yes, search the threads here for Celeron 847. There are many and lots of positive results.
decided to go with the Biostar NM70I with the free ram that Whitebelly mentioned, same case as above and got a 120gb samsung ssd on sale for 89.99 total came out to 220.00 shipped. will probably wait for a sale on a blu ray drive later on.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Cool. Let us know how it turns out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rate Possible HTPC Build ($300.00 Budget)1