Setup HELP - No Playable file!
Please go easy on me since I know not what I am talking about...Blush

Just installed XBMC on my Mac to be able to play my iTunes music and view pictures on my TV via a Sony BluRay (BDP-BX59). Here is my problem:
I can see the XBMC logo on my TV via the BluRay menu but once I choose [music], [XBMC], [Music], [Albums / or songs] it gives me an error of "No playable File!"
On my Mac, I can play music using the XBMC interface so I am pretty sure the source is set up correctly.

Also, is there a way I can display pictures from my Mac to my TV via BluRay via XBMC? The real reason why I found and installed XBMC in the first place.

Thanks - Jennifer
I guess you try to access the XBMC library via UPNP of your TV. In that case you need to scan your media into the library so that your TV can show it to you.

Read Adding_music_to_the_library (wiki)

Pictures are not supported via UPNP at the moment. So you would need a different approach for that one. (e.x. attach the mac to the TV via HDMI or something like that...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you! That was easy.

Bummer about the pictures; wanted to display my pictures on the TV wirelessly.
Well upnp picture support might come in at some point - but there is no ETA on that (as i don't know if anyone is even working on that now ...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup HELP - No Playable file!0