Android instructions for LiveTV/mythtv on android please.
Smile 
Can someone please help me with instructions how to make the LiveTV works with mythTV and pvr stuffs on my ANDROID box or tablet/phone
Also if anybody has the HDTV.xml plese send me a copy because for some reason none of my hd channel works. Thank you!!!!([email protected])
You have given no more info than your previous post.

I assume you have mythtv installed on a computer and it is working? Yes?

Install the xbmc-pvr-cmyth addon on your android box. Configure it, the settings are obvious if you have already installed mythtv on your server.

Enable the livetv section in your XBMC settings.

And what is the HDTV.xml file you refer to? There is no file of that name in any of my xbmc installations.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for responding.
1. installed hubwizard so mythtv is already installed so I enabled MythTV and LiveTV addon
For LiveTV addon im supposed to load a url or xml files for LIST of HD channels in us, most of the channel doesnt work. (anybody has a link to any xml file please let me know. Thanks)
Under config it has mythtv as user/pw by default and 127.0.0.1 <--do i need to change any of these informations? if yes where do i get that info from
The instrucions from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MythTV say something about TV tuner <--is that something i have to install for the computer? what about the android box or tablet?

Basically all i did was Enabled LiveTV addon, mythTV addon and LiveTV from setting and i get "MythTV cmyth PVR client failed to connect to mythTV Backend"
You seem very confused. I don't think hubwizard does install Mythtv. Anyway hubwizard, as far as I know is a product of the guys at XBMChub, so go ask there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-07-18, 23:06)ngoingu Wrote: The instrucions from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MythTV say something about TV tuner <--is that something i have to install for the computer? what about the android box or tablet?

Basically all i did was Enabled LiveTV addon, mythTV addon and LiveTV from setting and i get "MythTV cmyth PVR client failed to connect to mythTV Backend"

You are confused about what the LiveTV and PVR functions are. Yes, you will need a TV tuner (hardware) and PVR software installed on a backend PC that will actually receive and record your television signal either over-the-air via a TV aerial (antenna) or from a cable or satellite TV box. The add-on for your XBMC front-end system allows you to manage and watch live or recorded programs accessed from your backend system. See this wiki article for details: PVR (wiki)

If what you're after is access to TV programs (from broadcast and premium content providers) streamed over the Internet (often from pirate sources), the Live TV function and the MythTV add-on are not what you seek.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
instructions for LiveTV/mythtv on android please.0