wlanapi.dll missing
Exclamation 
Post #3 is not a fix for everyone. I run Windows Server 2016 and there is not a feature named as they describe in that outdated post. It is a link to some information for Server 2008 which is obsolete. This did not fix my issues on Windows Server 2016. Please if anyone knows how to enable these services in Server 2016 I'd appreciate the assistance. Thanks!

Edit: Figured it out, it's not in the GUI list of features anymore (that I could find). Just open windows powershell and type Get-WindowsFeature *wireless* and you will see Wireless-Networking unchecked. To install on Windows just type "Install-WindowsFeature -Name Wireless-Networking" into powershell then reboot. Problem solved and Kodi working.
I just download the latest version - and this is still a problem. Why isn't such an old problem looked into?!?

Tried to run it on Win2012.
We don't have a version "Latest Version". Which one are you using?

Want to try again?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-19, 23:26)CartmanTV Wrote: I just download the latest version - and this is still a problem. Why isn't such an old problem looked into?!?

The problem can be fixed in less time than it probably took for you to post on here, and since we don't explicitly claim support for server versions of Windows we don't consider it a problem.
(2017-12-20, 03:22)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 23:26)CartmanTV Wrote: I just download the latest version - and this is still a problem. Why isn't such an old problem looked into?!?

The problem can be fixed in less time than it probably took for you to post on here, and since we don't explicitly claim support for server versions of Windows we don't consider it a problem. 
 I used the version which was available on this page yesterday: https://kodi.tv/download

From what I have been able to read, it can be "solved" by installing the WLAN service. However...the difference from a project which a few people use, and something massively used where the crowd don't even look for alternatives...is a stable product where the base functionality...just works! If it can't even start without having to resort to forums, it's not that different from the older Linux versions - great product and incredibly diversity...but only a handful of people used it. And if the remaining functionalitty is the same way...I'm guessing the majority of users will be scared away.

I'm not saying this to complain, but instead trying to show you a direction to a destination where you really wanna end up :-)
Why can't you just write the version you are using?? The link you posted does not work. Stop wasting our time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-20, 10:44)Karellen Wrote: Why can't you just write the version you are using?? The link you posted does not work. Stop wasting our time.
I copy/pasted the link, guess the page altered it. I'll try again, now in a code box.

PS - it's hard to tell the version of something that doesn't start...
I would expect anyone running a Windows server edition to be a clued up IT professional, it is not something an average user will have simple due to the £200/250 euro cost.
(2017-12-20, 14:00)jjd-uk Wrote: I would expect anyone running a Windows server edition to be a clued up IT professional, it is not something an average user will have simple due to the £200/250 euro cost.
I'd expect a support forum to be supportive and patient...guess we were both wrong? ;-)
How about you read up on what a server OS is intended for? As if anybody working with Kodi should even care about this... How about you install windows 10 and try again.
@thatserverguy Your first post and in last years thread, with nothing to say other than to regard the forum rules, act out and call people jerks, look in the mirror for the closest one and grow up. Let this slide, and enjoy the forum for what it offers, otherwise your membership will be a bit short .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wlanapi.dll missing2