Req Make Home screen to look like settings screen
Hi Ronie.
First of all I must give you my greets for this amazing skin. Looks and works like charm for me!
But I'd love to add a feature that I haven't found im amy other skin either.
Is there a way to make "Home" screen look like "Settings" screen (not horizontal nor vertical but grid view)?
I'm a newbye in all this skinning facts, but I hope I can manage myself if you can almost tell me where I can find the "Settings screen" configuration to migrate it in some way to Home screen settings.
I hope I'm almost explained well.
Thanks in advance.
the settings screen is coded in Settings.xml

you should be able to copy most (if not all) of the code to Home.xml

the only adjustments you'll have to make is change all the ActivateWindow() calls.

for instance, change ActivateWindow(VideosSettings) to ActivateWindow(Videos)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Almost done! Thank you very much.
I only have a question left...
Is any way to change the image of a button?
Let me say that the most success I've had was using the multiimage control with imagepath command within, just as it's used for the background, but it's not taking in account the file I'm writing on it (changed the background-settings.jpg for my file), just always shows the same image (maybe because I'm using the same background for all the screens).
Is there any way to use a concrete image via imagepath (as I haven't found explanations on how "special" command works).
If there's no way, I suppose I must compile again the textures.xbt file. If this is the solution, where I can found the files used for the skin? Mustn't they be renamed right? In order to add my files and set!
Again, thanks for your help.
if you make sure your images have a unique name, you can simply put them in the skin.transparency/media folder and use them.

so, something like this should work:
Code:
<control type="button">
    <texturefocus>custom_button-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>custom_button-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
</control>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Photo 
And...
This is the final (and expected) result.

Thanks again for your help Ronie!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make Home screen to look like settings screen0