Win FanArt Images not displaying, Fresh install, first time XBMC user
Hi All,
I've been using an alternative to XBMC for years, you may have heard of it, it's called Windows Explorer.

Anyway, I installed XBMC for the first time yesterday and proceeded to make two folders on my network share: TV Shows and Movies, I then separated every show into its own folder, etc. I downloaded the version currently on the main Download page.

Now the computer that is running XBMC has a read-only connection to the network share smb://media/

So I added the folders and fixed all the titles that didn't scrape properly, etc, then I tried out different skins and liked Transparency the best...

Now the problem I am having is that when I go to the Home screen and click "TV Shows" the background that is displayed is the standard blue/TV screens one. And when I mouseover some of my shows, I don't see the background change to my fanart. I just see the case picture of it in the left bottom corner. I am using the "Fanart" view similar to the 300 picture in the first post on this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146556

Also, when I click inside a show, the poster for the show only displays when I am moused over the ".." option but a black screen is displayed as the background when moving over Season 1, 2, etc.

I have run the addon "Artwork Downloader" and it downloaded tons of images for all of my shows so when I look at the show info, I can see that all of the pictures exist.

I have searched this issue in these forums and it seems like it has been common since Frodo was released. Do I need to do something with artwork organizer addon?

Thank you for your time and help. The threads I found where people had a similar issue had solutions that I didn't quite understand.
Sorry, TLDR version is: I can't get the FanArt View from this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146556 to work for me. Instead I see a static image in the background with the "Prepare for Glory" part of that image displaying properly. I am using the latest XBMC from the Downloads page, fresh install, and I have run the "Art Downloader" addon that comes with Transparency so all the images are there.
if you have scraped your movies / tv shows, fanart should work out-of-the-box.
the xbmc scrapers will download the fanart images, so for this, there's really no need to run the artwork downloader addon.

first check and let me know if you have the same issue in Confluence.
next, enable debuglogging (Settings > System > debugging), restart xbmc and browse your movie library for a bit.
upload your logfile to xbmclogs.com and i'll have a look.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
does it matter if the smb:// share is read only? the only way to write to the share is by using the machine's console. but xbmc maintains files on the computer it's running on, not the share, right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt Images not displaying, Fresh install, first time XBMC user0