Movies look like slow motion
So I have XBMC with Aeon skin. I download torrent fils usually blue ray mkv file and when I try to play them on xbmc the movie looks like its in slow motion. Movies play fine on my VLC player. My system runs on an AMD 8 core processor and Radeon HD7850 so I don't think it my system. Im a complete noob at the technical stuff. Could someone please point me in the right direction.
Try changing System> Audio Output> Audio output device and Passthrough output device settings.
thanks. I changed audio output from HDMI to analog and that appears to have worked. Not sure why I had to do that. The pc and tv are connected through an HDMI cable. Will I be losing an sound quality with this change. Is there any way to optimize the video/audio to get best playback?
I think hdmi has the highest audio quality possible, so you will not be losing any quality. How are you listening to your audio? PC speakers, tv speakers, surround sound? Try turning on Wasapi for audio output and passthrough settings for best quality. Choose analog output when playing audio from laptop speakers, but change it to hdmi when connecting to the tv, to use the tv speakers. Make sure you also have the correct speaker # set too.

To optimize video for standard def content use the post processing option, it will up convert your video. I usually keep it on as a default. In the system menu you can adjust other playback settings such as: allow hardware acceleration, adjust display refresh rate to match video, and sync playback to display. I turn on allow hardware acceleration, but keep adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display turned off. Some video playback hasn't been smooth for me, and i think it was because some combination of these were turned on. Also check out the wiki, it should explain all these settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies look like slow motion0