• 2(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
Yes. Eden with Aeon Nox skin. Yahoo weather script failed. Also it does not find the location. In Settings > Weather, When I type a location, it does nothing and just returns and error that location not found. In Addons, Weather, Yahoo, Configure, nothing happens. The version shows 0.0.1. My question is, How to get weather working in Eden? I have looked on the forums but with confusing results. The initial post suggests that it should work for Eden users. It is not essential but I would like my Eden installation to be more complete, I am kind of OCD about stuff heh Wink
Please let me know if I need to edit a script. I have my Eden installation perfect, and would like to use it rather than muck about in it so if there is anyone who has already got it working, I figure it could help, and I could then help out others. Thanks.
(2013-09-08, 22:37)OCDHD Wrote: Yes. Eden with Aeon Nox skin. Yahoo weather script failed. Also it does not find the location. In Settings > Weather, When I type a location, it does nothing and just returns and error that location not found. In Addons, Weather, Yahoo, Configure, nothing happens. The version shows 0.0.1. My question is, How to get weather working in Eden? I have looked on the forums but with confusing results. The initial post suggests that it should work for Eden users. It is not essential but I would like my Eden installation to be more complete, I am kind of OCD about stuff heh Wink
Please let me know if I need to edit a script. I have my Eden installation perfect, and would like to use it rather than muck about in it so if there is anyone who has already got it working, I figure it could help, and I could then help out others. Thanks.

please post a Debug Log.
also let me know which location the addon is unable to find.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Can I post the Debug Log right here for you? The addon cannot find ANY location. No Canadian cities. My regional settings are in Canada. It cannot find Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal. Please allow me to copy my Log over in this post and I will do so, or give me your email address I'll send it. Thank you.

Edit: Debug Log PM'd. Boy, I"m all over the place today. Too much coffee Wink
See here: debug log (wiki)

Do not e-mail/PM logs to developers or paste them directly in posts.
^ what artrafael said Smile

please don't pm logfiles and the one you sent was a regular log, not a debug one.

i'd like to see a Debug Log where you're searching for a canadian location it can't find
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok, I downloaded the XBMC Log Uploader, put in my email, and Uploaded the log. Result. Script Failed. Log Uploader itself is also not working. So now is there a new way to send it?
Aside from all of this, Eden is working perfectly fine and does what it is supposed to do with movies and music.

Ok. Got it.
Debugging Enabled + Added email address
Enabled Yahoo Weather (Weather Underground also installed)
Entered Location 1 Toronto
Does not find location.
Went through all error popus.
Went into programs, send debug log, script failed.
You can always locate and upload the log manually, as described here: Log_file/Advanced (wiki)
Thanks. Sorry about posting the log out like that. I'm not too concerned about "Security". I don't have anything important or worth securing on computers anyway Smile Thanks for trying to help out.
I think you may have misunderstood my previous post. Since you were unable to upload the log via the "XBMC Log Uploader" add-on, the link I provided is an alternative method and explains how you can locate and upload your log file manually to a public paste site.
I recently started using this addon with Aeon Nox Gotham and have found the extended weather forecast does not display. The default setting works fine. Switching to another weather provider and back to Yahoo! Weather also fixes the issue, but the blank screen returns each time the a new instance of XBMC is started. Is this a skin issue or a bug with the addon? Again, this happens when setting the forecast to "Extended."

I don't know Aeon Nox but i'm quite sure that this is a skin "issue". What other weather provider did you test? (i guess weather underground).
For me it looks like the skin uses in extended mode values like 10-day forecast, or hourly forecast which is provided by weather underground, but not by yahoo weather.

I'm also sure that switching weather provider and back again will not fix this error, you just see the values from the other provider displayed (because those values are only deleted if xbmc is closed), but not those from yahoo.
(2014-04-07, 01:52)Bitboy Wrote: I don't know Aeon Nox but i'm quite sure that this is a skin "issue". What other weather provider did you test? (i guess weather underground).
For me it looks like the skin uses in extended mode values like 10-day forecast, or hourly forecast which is provided by weather underground, but not by yahoo weather.

I'm also sure that switching weather provider and back again will not fix this error, you just see the values from the other provider displayed (because those values are only deleted if xbmc is closed), but not those from yahoo.

I will bring this issue to the skin creator. Are you saying that no Extended Info of any kind is available when using Yahoo!? What forecasts are provided when Extended Info is requested? I believe the options are 10-day, 36-hour, weekend and hourly? The issue might be that extended information does not exist at all. In which case, choosing default info would be necessary for the addon to work correctly.
I apologize for resurrecting this thread but how do you select default weather info?

I'm using Aeon Nox 5 and I would like to disable the extended info that isn't supported by Yahoo (the 10 day, 36 hour, etc.), I've been everywhere in the settings and I can't seem to find it...

Thanks
(2014-04-07, 22:18)Warner306 Wrote: I will bring this issue to the skin creator. Are you saying that no Extended Info of any kind is available when using Yahoo!? What forecasts are provided when Extended Info is requested? I believe the options are 10-day, 36-hour, weekend and hourly? The issue might be that extended information does not exist at all. In which case, choosing default info would be necessary for the addon to work correctly.

I'm also using Aeon Nox 5 and had selected Yahoo for the weather app, though I don't think the skin matters for this. None of the links work. Only the main page with current conditions and 3 days of forecast works.

To answer your questions there is quite a bit of forecast data at yahoo weather, though it doesn't exactly match the xbmc weather forecast buckets.

Yahoo has these forecasts:

Today
hourly
10 day
36 hour
weekend
monthly...and maps.

XBMC has:

The overview, which has current conditions and three days forecast. (this works)

The 10 day, 36 hour, weekend, hourly and maps links all are empty, and just has a note that says Fetching forecast info.
Yahoo Weather does not work for me neither on Windows nor an Raspian on my Raspi.
I am able to install the widget, I can type in Bremen, get to select the correct city - and thats it.
It appears it never saves the location.
Weather information is consequently empty.
Any known issues here?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1