• 5(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
On a fresh RC3 install on Windows it seems not possible to add a city. (E.g Berlin)
Had anyone tried on the last RC to add some new destination?
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
(2014-12-16, 10:33)HowIChrgeLazer Wrote: Looks like the humidity value didn't get passed by Yahoo? Weird.

strange indeed. maybe it's a temporary error on their end?
keep me posted, if it continues to happen i'll have to add some workarounds in the code.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-12-16, 14:35)tavoc Wrote: On a fresh RC3 install on Windows it seems not possible to add a city. (E.g Berlin)
Had anyone tried on the last RC to add some new destination?

i know this happens on some android devices, but never heard there were issues on windows as well.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Oh, you are right. It was indeed an android Device.
Is there a workaround for this?
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
(2014-12-17, 12:16)tavoc Wrote: Oh, you are right. It was indeed an android Device.

nope, not at this time.

i created a bug report for it some time go:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/13913
(2014-12-17, 12:16)tavoc Wrote: Oh, you are right. It was indeed an android Device.

I have this issue on my Nexus 5. Really wish there was a workaround.
bug report:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\gal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 215, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "C:\Users\gal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 105, in forecast
                                                properties(query,loc)
                                              File "C:\Users\gal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 149, in properties
                                                set_property('Current.WindDirection' , winddir(int(wind[0].attributes['direction'].value)))
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-01-10, 22:45)finalmakerr Wrote: bug report:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\gal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 215, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "C:\Users\gal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 105, in forecast
                                                properties(query,loc)
                                              File "C:\Users\gal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 149, in properties
                                                set_property('Current.WindDirection' , winddir(int(wind[0].attributes['direction'].value)))
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

that seems to be a temporary problem that happens every now and then on their end.
i'll update the addon to workaround this when it happens.
In my XBMC always appears a red slash "/" instead of the weather ico.
Anyone knows why?

Thanks
(2015-01-16, 19:54)ysilvela Wrote: In my XBMC always appears a red slash "/" instead of the weather ico.
Anyone knows why?

Thanks

Because you haven't set it up correctly or it can't get data
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-16, 19:54)ysilvela Wrote: In my XBMC always appears a red slash "/" instead of the weather ico.
Anyone knows why?

Thanks

please provide a debug log:
1) enable debug logging in kodi
2) restart kodi
3) reproduce the problem
4) post the log on pastebin.com
Long shot question here...

great weather plugin, are there any geolocation add-ons/tweaks for this plugin?

I setup a remote box that connects to my content when I travel and it would be great if the weather updated to the location automatically.
I have same problem / in the middle of the cloud and N/A.

MOD edit: log removed, use pastebin.com for logfiles!
(2015-01-17, 17:58)apeg Wrote: Long shot question here...

I setup a remote box that connects to my content when I travel and it would be great if the weather updated to the location automatically.

there's currently no such functionallity.
yahoo has no geoip support built into their api.

technically it might be possible to add some kind of support by using a third party geolocation service provider i think.
(2015-01-18, 15:28)ronie Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 17:58)apeg Wrote: Long shot question here...

there's currently no such functionallity.
yahoo has no geoip support built into their api.

technically it might be possible to add some kind of support by using a third party geolocation service provider i think.

Or maybe u know some other working addon? or the name of that third party provider?

and btw sorry about the posted log, it was my first time here posting.

and thanks to all team for this wonderful project
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1