Release - Yahoo! Weather

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
My current weather seems to be correct, but the forecast stopped updating last Tuesday. Wonder if Yahoo has changed their API?

Edit: Here's the Debug Log. Forecast seems to have updated when re-launching Kodi.

MacMini 5,2 HTPC (Jarvis 16.0/Aeon Madnox/MacOSX 10.10.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
(This post was last modified: 2015-12-27 16:02 by wgstarks.)
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
it just started working again on my end.

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-12-27 15:58)ronie Wrote:  it just started working again on my end.

I think mine is too. I noticed that when I restarted Kodi to get the debug log that the forecast had updated. Tried restarting Kodi yesterday and it had no effect on the forecast. Maybe Yahoo is doing some site maintenance? Or they're just having some problems?

MacMini 5,2 HTPC (Jarvis 16.0/Aeon Madnox/MacOSX 10.10.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
PhyshBourne Offline
i only can see tree cities in the addon – is there any chance of adding more cities?

crisis? what crisis?
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2016-03-04 13:26)PhyshBourne Wrote:  i only can see tree cities in the addon – is there any chance of adding more cities?

sure, no problem.
i'll add an option to add 5 cities, like the other weather addons have.

an update should be available soon Smile

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
alphaomega16 Offline
For some reason this is no longer working for me, wont update and is just showing a cloud with a slash through it ?

Is it down temporarily ?
find quote
OTinley Offline
Donor
(2016-03-24 02:07)alphaomega16 Wrote:  For some reason this is no longer working for me, wont update and is just showing a cloud with a slash through it ?

Is it down temporarily ?

Same issue here. Only seems to affect Yahoo Weather, so probably not Kodi related.
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
Happens sometimes. If you browse the site you'll probably see that it's not up-to-date.

find quote
amcfarla Offline
Yep, Denver has been 32 degrees all day long. So there must be an issue
(This post was last modified: 2016-03-24 23:51 by amcfarla.)
find quote
diedrichg Offline
Yahoo changed their API, I'm assuming this is causing the weather issues.
Quote:To increase the security measure and better serving our YDN customers, weather data source will enforce OAuth 1 starting March 15, 2016. Please update your API calls with OAuth 1 enabled (via the OAuth /v1/yql end point if using YQL) using your Yahoo App key and secret.
https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2016-03-25 04:01)diedrichg Wrote:  Yahoo changed their API, I'm assuming this is causing the weather issues.
Quote:To increase the security measure and better serving our YDN customers, weather data source will enforce OAuth 1 starting March 15, 2016. Please update your API calls with OAuth 1 enabled (via the OAuth /v1/yql end point if using YQL) using your Yahoo App key and secret.

thx for the info!

i'll look into it.

find quote
droidal Offline
Hi, I have no pictures/backgrounds in the daily squares on the main weather panel. Is that happening to everyone else? The hi/lo temperature is there and it says N/A N/A, just no background pic or icon.

Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, mine says 32 also. So I guess same issue.
(This post was last modified: 2016-03-25 22:17 by droidal.)
find quote
alphaomega16 Offline
(2016-03-25 04:01)diedrichg Wrote:  Yahoo changed their API, I'm assuming this is causing the weather issues.

Better serve us by giving us headaches trying to figure out what the hell we are supposed to do to get it working again. What security measures are needed for a weather service.

Is this something every individual user is going to have to do ?

Edit
Weather Underground requires an account with them for the plugin, Met Office wont show where I live, closest place is London, this one no longer works.

What are people using at the moment ?
(This post was last modified: 2016-03-26 03:30 by alphaomega16.)
find quote
OTinley Offline
Donor
Quote:What are people using at the moment ?

Because of the Yahoo change, I ended up getting a dev. API key from Weather Underground yesterday.
Anyone can get it and it took 5 minutes (it is free). Seems by far more accurate than Open WeatherMap Extended.

find quote
UncleBrian Offline
The Weather Underground add-on isn't in the repository anymore - how were you able to install to use the dev key? I will likely do this as well.
(This post was last modified: 2016-03-26 18:29 by UncleBrian.)
find quote