Not scraping 2 seasons of one show
So, a little background on my setup. I have a RPi running OpenElec and a windows box with XBMC. They point to my server running Windows Server 2012 Essentials. It is hosting all of the files, and also a MySQL database for the library. I just added two seasons of Archer (seasons 3 and 4), and a few episodes of Top Gear UK. The Top Gear episodes added to the library just fine, but for some reason it just refuses to add the 3rd and 4th seasons of Archer. I looked on TheTVDB and the seasons are there, but it seems XBMC just doesn't want to see it...

Attached are screenshots of the file hierarchy. I don't think there is anything wrong with the naming convention or anything...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Notice how you have .nfo files for each episode in your season 2 folder, but not in seasons 3 and 4?

Based on that, my guess would be that directly in your Archer (2009) folder you'll find a tvshow.nfo file, and if you look inside it in a text editor, what you won't find is an <episodeguide> tag (or it'll be empty).

Without a valid episodeguide URL, XBMC won't know where to get the information for each episode, unless that information is stored locally, so season 2 (and presumably season 1 if you have it) is safe but not the newer seasons.

If you used an external tool to generate the .nfo files, you could try running that again to add .nfo files for the new episodes, or alternatively simply delete the tvshow.nfo, and then refresh the entire series.
(2013-07-20, 09:04)scudlee Wrote: Notice how you have .nfo files for each episode in your season 2 folder, but not in seasons 3 and 4?

Based on that, my guess would be that directly in your Archer (2009) folder you'll find a tvshow.nfo file, and if you look inside it in a text editor, what you won't find is an <episodeguide> tag (or it'll be empty).

Without a valid episodeguide URL, XBMC won't know where to get the information for each episode, unless that information is stored locally, so season 2 (and presumably season 1 if you have it) is safe but not the newer seasons.

If you used an external tool to generate the .nfo files, you could try running that again to add .nfo files for the new episodes, or alternatively simply delete the tvshow.nfo, and then refresh the entire series.

The reason the 1st and 2nd episodes have the .nfo files is because when migrating to the MySQL database I had XBMC export the library, so all of those files got pushed out. And I looked in the root Archer folder and it's empty, minus the season folders. =\ So, based on that, I don't know how to move forward with your advice, lol.

Thank you for your reply though.

//edit// Looking at my other shows, they all have an .nfo file in the root of the series folder.... So.... IDK what's going on, lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not scraping 2 seasons of one show0