Help with Scraping
Greetings All,
Complete noob at XBMC and I am having trouble finding some info. My current setup is I have a 64 GB SSD as my windows OS disk (C: ) along with XBMC and any needed programs. My media is stored on my standard disk drive (Z: ). My question is...where does XBMC actually store all the data that is scraped? I am concerned that a few months from now it will swamp my little SSD if it by default it goes into the same drive as XBMC is installed.
hi,
all is stored at your user profile path, under %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\XBMC\userdata

see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata for more info
Sweet, thank you very much. That begs 2 more questions...
1. Is it possible to change where it puts the scaped data? I would ideally want it on my main data drive
and
2. Is it possible to get TV shows to show up in the TV shows menu if there isn't an entry for the show on the TVDB website? I have created an account on TVDB and started adding some of the shows that dont have entries but I have a bunch and this is going to take me a while. Would hate to deprive my little girl of her Elmo shows that aren't listed on TVDB in the meantime.
1 - XBMC stores the scraped data in a DB that is in your Userdata dir. Dont worry about space. I have a SSD 64GB and i have 200+ Shows (over 50000 episodes) and 600+ movies, my db is only about 30mg

2 - Yes, if you manually create a nfo file for them. But for kids shows, If its DVD/bluray collections that you ripped, i would check to see if they are on themoviedb . If they are, add those shows as movies and they will scrape just fine. Thats what i did for my kids Baby Einstein and HBO's Classical Baby.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Hi,
as saitoh183 said, the database is not very big, but fanart and thumbs will take some extra space. You can use the advancedsettings.xml pathsubstitution parameter to replace the path of your thumbs. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Path_substitution
Thumbnails folder is the biggest folder and yes you can do path substitution, that still wont fill up your drive very fast. My thumbnail folder is still on my C drive without any issues.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Scraping0