sonos and xbmc
What would be cool when u play something with sonos xbmc would record the play count

I think sonos would have to tell xbmc that a
Did you fall asleep when writing this?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-07-22, 15:46)Memphiz Wrote: Did you fall asleep when writing this?
that made me lol Blush
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2013-07-22, 01:08)myle Wrote: I think sonos would have to tell xbmc that a
Or else it's just XBMC not wanting to listen to Sonos and just tuned it out?
Picked up a Sonos last year and they really nailed the feature set for music. Add-ons (Spotify, Pandora, Songza, Sirius, to name a few key must haves) and perfect multi room audio with point to multipoint streaming as well as zone grouping.

I've been following and using XBMC for some time now and would love to get some friendly advice on how to go about attracting XBMC developers for a Sonos type setup for a music only system within XBMC. Skinning aside, where could I start the ball rolling and best course of action to ensure interest from developers. Memphiz I've been following your work and am impressed by your audio knowledge. I am currently talking to some equity guys to get a project I've been working on commercialized in the next year. Any possible interest in creating a Sonos-like setup for XBMC? Skinning aside. I was going to see what (Jezz-X) thought of the concept on that side. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

All the best,

GB
There is now a Sonos Addon available if anyone was still interested:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183020
(2013-07-22, 01:08)myle Wrote: What would be cool when u play something with sonos xbmc would record the play count

I think sonos would have to tell xbmc that a

Please kids, dont do drugs....
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum but have installed xbmc on just about everything in my house. I love it and was so happy about the sonos plugin. I did not work for me because I have zp100 and a couple of connects.

I don't know if it's possible but I would love to see my xbmc act as zones. The zones could independently play or be grouped. Ex. In theater I would love to pull my playlist from sonos and play a song. If not possible is there anyway I could listen to the same exact thing that's playing on sonos.

Not sure if it can be done. I have figured out a work around for gbox mx2. I went into the google play store and downloaded sonos app that allows for control of sonos and mog which is the payed service I use with sonos. In turn I created my playlists in mog and listen to the playlist on sonos so I can play music ex. In my theater mog and raise and lower music in bar sonos. It's so not as cool as I would like it to be lol and I am running xbmc on atv1 and atv2 in which i can't control or load anything sonos related.

I love xbmc if anyone ever needs anything I am happy to help. Keep up the great work just wanted to let you know sonos addon would be huge help.

Thanks,
D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sonos and xbmc0