Solved Webserver not visible
I can't connect to the webserver. I have debug logging on and all the log shows is that the webserver starts OK. This is all I can find about it on the log:

17:33:07 T:2092 NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
17:33:07 T:2092 NOTICE: WebServer: Started the webserver

I have changed the port to 8080 (as per someones' suggestion in another thread) but it didn't help.

If I try to connect to the webserver with the IP address and port, browser tells me it can't connect.

So, any suggestions how to move forward?

EDIT: I can get this to work locally if I set user & password to empty (I can still see the WebUI but I can't enter anything because the login window keeps closing so fast I can't type the info). Funny thing is, I can see SMB disks from that machine so it's obviously not inaccessible.
(2013-07-22, 16:53)Makistos Wrote: EDIT: I can get this to work locally if I set user & password to empty (I can still see the WebUI but I can't enter anything because the login window keeps closing so fast I can't type the info).
When you say "locally", are you referring to your home network? What happens if you specify a username and password in your Services-Settings page for your webserver? On that same page, which Web interface are you using? Again, I'm assuming you're doing all this testing on your home network (i.e., not from a computer outside your home in another location).

You can also upload a copy of your entire debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here so others can review it. Your log needs to include your attempt to access the XBMC webserver from another system in your house.
No, I meant "localhost:8080".

But I figured it out, it was the Windows firewall blocking incoming stuff. I disabled it for the home network and now things work as expected.
OK, great, glad you resolved it! Marking thread as "SOLVED".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webserver not visible0