Moneual Moncaso 320
Just checked my settings in m.play
My xbmc settings are almost empty.
Because as default it will fallback to the basic settings.
For the arrow key in m.play it says keyboard left arrow etc.
Then I only changed the keyboard.xml like you did.
Also got some extra changes there for personal use.
Will need to walk through the complete settings next weekend.
Because when at start it didn't work for me I bought a mce receiver.
Installed the reg patch.
And control everything with my harmony.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2013-08-26, 09:37)ibramadhan Wrote: Hey ive been using this case for a while now. If anyone can tell me how to get the screen to display somthing rather than system info, that would be great. Also to get the remoye to work properly.

Bump on the screen question guys would love a c omplete how to on this case and xbmc
I have modified the numberpad keys in the keyboard.xml file to be up, down, left and right.
If I look in the log file, it says key pressed numpadtwo, action is Number2.
So it's not accepting the up, down, left, right.
Have I changed the correct keyboard.xml file.
I have changed Program Files (x86)/XBMC/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml
I finally got the remote working. I copied the keyboard.xml file to user/username/appdata/roaming/xbmc/keymaps.
Then I edited the numperpad buttons to make it go up, down, left and right.

Thanks very much Trash for putting me on the right track. If you are ever in Cape Town, South Africa, I owe you a beer.
XBMC braai at savage-wp's house!
(2013-08-29, 01:01)Dougie Fresh Wrote: XBMC braai at savage-wp's house!

Yeah, sound like a plan.

We love to braai in SA.
(2013-08-25, 18:43)TRaSH Wrote:
(2013-08-23, 21:35)streilu Wrote: .......Display is also working, except the small Icons. Didn't manage to get them to work till now.

how did you get it to work with xbmc ?

I forgot to mention that I'm using the case with Ubuntu 13.04 with XBMC.
LCDProc is doing the job very good there.

The only thing which is annoying on Ubuntu is that the remotes record button isnt working with LIRC, so i ordered a AsRock Smart Remote (lucky me has a compatible mainboard with CIR-header for power on/off function).

Greetings
Compro HTPC MONEUAL Moncaso 320 Black
Hi! I have a Moneual 320 as well. Wonderful looking case.

Has anyone been able to use the LCD/VFD (what's the right name?) with Windows 8? I'm using babgvant's lcdwriter, which allows me to use the remote (which I don't really need since I replaced it with a much faster Flirc receiver and Harmony remote). That software shows the date and time, but cannot (AFAIK) communicate with Kodi. You know, to have it show the current movie title, duration etc.

I know lcdproc works under Linux, but I really like to use Windows because my HTPC is also my gaming machine, and also because guests usually aren't really comfortable with a Linux desktop.

Anyone got the VFD working with Kodi on Windows?
i tried it several times and couldn't get it work,
switched to openelec,
best switch i ever made.
display working like a charm
Okay, I see. Not very encouraging, but thanks anyway. Smile
I've had my Moneual 320 case for a few years, but have just recently put together the machine. I can't seem to get M.Play MX to run properly in Win7. I installed on an administrator account, but when I try to run it, Task manager shows that it's running, but I can't get any interface/window to open. The company is apparently out of the case manufacturing business, so there is no support available. Has anyone had a similar problem or know of a potential solution?

Thanks

Jeff
Moneual's original M.Play MX software is horribly useless. It's unstable and only shows garbage on the VFD.

Try babgvant's lcdwriter:

Download: http://babgvant.com/files/folders/lcdwri...fault.aspx
Instructions: http://www.missingremote.com/review/moneual-moncaso-320 (half way into the review)

Note that the instructions are now somewhat outdated, but will generally guide you into configuring the software.

The VFD still won't interactively cooperate with Kodi - it'll tell you the date and time - but at least you can use the remote control as it's supposed to.
lcdwriter worked to make the remote useable.
and it shows like you said the date and time.
I'm trying to get LCDWriter to work, but am having a problem. First, Ports would not show in Device Manager (Win7) and when I try to run LCD writer, I get various errors about a port being closed. I was able to get Ports to show in Device manager by running hdwwiz.exe from a command prompt in admin mode and then going through the wizard. However, Device Manager shows an error saying that windows cannot determine the settings for the device. I've messed around a good bit and cannot figure out how to move forward.

As you've mentioned, the instructions for the install of LCDwriter appear a bit dated. Can you provide any help?

Thanks

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moneual Moncaso 3200