JSONRPC.GetConfiguration?
Hello!

I'm working on my Delphi Component currently, and I'm getting a Method Not Found when trying to query for JSORPC.GetConfiguration.

I'm issuing:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.GetConfiguration" , "id": "1"}

and it is returning:

{"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found."},"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Build Information:

XBMC 12.2 GIT:20130502-32b1a5e (Compiled May 2 2013);

Running Windows Version.

Any thoughts?
Right now JSONRPC.GetConfiguration only works on transport layers that support notifications because all it can do is tell you which notifications you will receive. Since HTTP doesn't support notifications it doesn't support JSONRPC.GetConfiguration.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks!

Does this mean I would be able to receive a notification if I was using TCP or WebSockets?

Cheers
yes you would receive notifications for all kinds of events like starting/pausing/resuming/stopping playback etc.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for this.

I've updated my Component to support either a TCP or HTTP connection, and I will make it so that that it throws an exception if you try
to retrieve that information with a HTTP Connection.
Am I nuts or has this been removed from the latest JSONRPC.GetConfiguration? "version": "6.21.2"

I dont see it returned using introspect, yet both types "Configuration" and "Configuration.Notifications" are still in introspect but used by nothing other than JSONRPC.GetConfiguration...
of course the wiki doesn't mention this so would it be deprecated?

i can still call the method and it returns something so im confused...
Same question regarding JSONRPC.SetConfiguration, the only info ive been able to search is the addition of it in this very old thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...#pid877910

but otherwise nothing... deprecated?
I don't understand your problem/question. What do you mean by "has this been removed from the latest JSONRPC.GetConfiguration?". Has what been removed?

What transport layer protocol are you using? HTTP, TCP, WebSockets or our python API?
(2015-05-07, 08:10)Montellese Wrote: I don't understand your problem/question. What do you mean by "has this been removed from the latest JSONRPC.GetConfiguration?". Has what been removed?

What transport layer protocol are you using? HTTP, TCP, WebSockets or our python API?

Sorry, for the confusion.
When using a web browse to view introspect results (localhost/jsonrpc) I did not see either the GetConfiguration and/or SetConfiguration methods.
But i did see these documented on the JSON API wiki.

I now suspect that perhaps these would not be returned as the browser is a web transport and as mentioned not supported.
My application is tcp so I'm interested in implementing it.

sorry agian, not the way i wanted to start out here.
Yes you won't see them when using HTTP in your webbrowser but you will be able to use them over TCP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSONRPC.GetConfiguration?0