Help choosing a box
I'm looking for a box to run xbmcbuntu or openelec smotohly and for as cheap as possible. I read xbmc on android doesn't use hardware acceleration yet so that's a no. I want it to stream live video smoothly without any trouble.. So far i have come to the MyGica 510bHuh
Openelec/Ubuntu + cheap: Raspberry Pi, Pivos XIOS DS ($100)
Openelec/Ubuntu & smooth: Celeron NUC, 4Gb RAM, mSata SSD, FLIRC USB. ($250-$300).

Or wait til the android hwaccel builds work -they're nearly there, and the YW9300 would be an interesting box to run it on.

Or wait til November when (I am guessing) some better hardware should come out thats supported by Pivos.
Thanks for the quick reply. Am i right in saying that the Pivos Xios, Sumvision Cyclone Nano+ and the MyGica 510b are all the same box and just rebranded?? I'd rather not wait so it's one of the first two options and for what i'd be using it for $250-$300 wouldn't really be worth it!
Yes they are - but I'd still go with the Pivos + an upgraded remote, running the Linux build they created. It seems only fair to buy from them.
The problem with OpenElec is most of the devs don't want to make a version for chipsets that run android natively, which is a shame because it is the most price competitive hardware.
If you are ok with Android, then take a look at the Mygica ATV1200, which has a strong discussion thread on here. Also the YW9300 is more powerful & runs Android, but hasn't had much uptake on this forum.
What about this, what version of linux is it running? http://www.futeko.com/products/MP047.php
If not then i'll just go with the pivos.
(2013-07-24, 15:17)joelbaby Wrote: Yes they are - but I'd still go with the Pivos + an upgraded remote, running the Linux build they created. It seems only fair to buy from them.
The problem with OpenElec is most of the devs don't want to make a version for chipsets that run android natively, which is a shame because it is the most price competitive hardware.
When you suggest an upgraded remote, what did you have in mind?
Ask on the Pivos forums what they like to use.
If you haven't bought an XIOS DS yet, then wait for new hardware to be released soon.
All my HTPC equipment is controlled with a Harmony remote.
ouya works almost flawlessly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help choosing a box0