Scraping TV Shows from DVD folders
Hi everyone,

Sorry to bring up what is probably a well-worn subject, but I was hoping somebody may be able to help with some XBMC frustrations I'm having?

I've recently aquired a new NAS device with XBMC v11 installed. On the NAS, I have hundreds of DVD folders which are backups of our original discs. The movie side of things seems straight forward, but TV shows are proving complicated.

For instance, I have the boxset of a show called Father Ted. 5 discs which have all 3 seasons on. The show appears at TVDB and all appears good. However, for the life of me, I cannot get the scraper to recognise the discs for inclusion in the library. It shows Father Ted as being in the library, but when I select it, the list is blank. I've looked at lots of past threads on similar subjects and I appreciate this has been an ongoing issue. I've tried lots of ways of renaming the DVD folder (i.e. for disc 1, I've tried Father Ted.s01e01e02e03e04e05e06 etc) but I can't get the scraper to pick these up.

I appreciate that DVD folders aren't the most ideal way to store shows for this purpose, but I really want to keep them as a 'pure' backup of the original discs should they get lost/destroyed and I always want to keep things like menus etc.

To compound matters, I am new to the world of XBMC. Also, my NAS is (I believe) a Linux-based device which I am rather unfamiliar with.

Am I missing something very obvious here or can anyone help? Any input would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Rich

Regards
RIch
It's a manual workaround but did you try to create the NFO yourself using the guide on wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...V_episodes (For multi-part episodes, simply add multiple <episodedetails> XML blocks in succession. )

I found the following example for the code:

<episodedetails>
<title>The Episode - Part 1</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>Plot of the first part.</plot>
<runtime>45 min</runtime>
<aired>2011-10-23</aired>
<epbookmark>0</epbookmark>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
<title>The Episode - Part 2</title>