• 12(current)
chromecast
Nope. Is there an add-on that I need to install or activate to get this? I have the released version of Kodi 14.0.
having trouble getting this going with my Samsung UN32J4000, is it even compatible?

nevermind, it is. Found a list of chromecast compativle tv's here:
https://www.compatibull.com/wiki/Chromec...elevisions
(2014-12-28, 23:52)buckaroo34me Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 21:08)nickr Wrote: [quote='buckaroo34me' pid='1870946' dateline='1419633302']

What I am searching for now is an add-on to Kodi or maybe a code change that will prompt you for "internal" or "external" player so you can choose where you want to watch the video. This is because with the PlayerCoreFactory.xml file in place it always redirects to the Chromecast external player. The only way I know to play it with the internal player on the local screen is to remove the xml file completely from the Userdata folder and relaunching Kodi.

Can you choose player in context (right click) window?

Hi ..I was looking for a solution for exactly the same problem where we don't get "play using" option to choose the player we like. I was doing the same thing like removing the playercorefactory.xml in order to use the internal player...but I have a solution now and it was simple in the end lol..

so what you do is, if you are using an android touch device,
1. choose the movie you would like to watch
2. select the stream and long press it, you would get the following options "Queue item, Download video, Movie information, Refresh resources, Add-on settings and Now playing"
3. Now select "Now playing"
4. You would now see the link you selected, now long press on that link again and you will see the following options "Play using, Add to favourites, Move item and remove"
5. Select "play using" and now you will see the list of players as mentioned in your playercorefactory.xml file

For windows users, press "C" instead of long press in the above protocol.
am sharing a method. I just discovered about streaming Kodi on Android. So here you go.
Google Cast, which is also known as Chromecast, is a popular technology that allows you to stream your favorite content from your Android phone and tablet to your Chromecast enabled TVs and other devices.

Here we will be using the Google Home app to cast your phone’s screen to the Chromecast and view your content on both devices simultaneously over the local network. The requirements for this method along with the detailed tutorial are mentioned below:

You need Kodi and Google home app.

First, we need to download and install the required apps mentioned in the requirements section above. Once both of those apps are installed on your Android device, you can then proceed to the second step.
Open Google Home app and tap on the Menu button located on the top-left corner.
Tap on the Cast screen/audio option.A prompt box will appear warning you, “Screen casting is not optimized for this device; your experience may vary”. Simply tap on OK to continue to the Chromecast section.
Tap on the blue Cast Screen/Audio button.
Google Cast will now begin searching for all the available Chromecast devices within your network. Found devices will be listed under Cast to section.
Tap on the device you want to start casting to and you will see that your Android phone/tablet interface is now being mirrored to the selected Chromecast TV/device.
You can now open Kodi app on your Android device and start playing any content. Your selected Kodi content whether it is a video, music, or picture will be displayed on both devices i.e. your Android and Chromecast.
It doesn’t matter whether you use Kodi or any other app, as long as Google Home’s cast screen option is enabled and connected to the Chromecast device, everything you see on your Android will continue to be displayed/mirrored on your Chromecast enabled TV or Chromecast device.
For those of you who are new to Chromecast, we feel that it is important to let you know that Chromecast being a Google Cast receiver device gives you no option to “install Kodi on Chromecast” because it does not have any media storage capability.In a nutshell, Chromecast is designed to receive content that is being streamed by devices that supports Google Cast technology. Which means you can directly stream any Kodi content available on your Android phone/tablet including movies, TV shows, pictures, and music to your Chromecast TV set using Google Cast compatible apps without any issue. Also, you need to make sure that both of your devices i.e. Chromecast and Android are connected to the same WiFi network. check this for more info.
That's what I use KODI for on a daily basis. I've built my own streaming system. Primarily for Music and Youtube videos. I have a raspberry Pi 3, and I've attached a 1 TB SSD to it. Which is more than enough storage for me. I load all the content every week in that SSD. And then I use KODI to stream that content on all of my other home devices. Sometimes it gives me that businessman vibes. HAHA. However, many people also suggest Roku over KODI, but I personally like KODI more. You can check out the detailed difference between these two here.
For sure the Chromecast comes with these issues, and if you don't want such limitations ten definitely give a shot to the Kodi media player. It's been 4 years now since I have started using Kodi and Plex for my own streaming server. I use them to stream content on all of my home devices like TV, tablets, and smartphones. If you want to create such a system on your own, then you should go with a Raspberry pi computer, and attach a hard disk to it, then use Kodi to broadcast the content of that hard disk on all other devices in the same network. You can read more about it -here- (URL removed by moderator).  Thank me later!
(2021-12-15, 13:49)justrootkb Wrote: Thank me later!

With nonsense and unrelated URLs like I just removed from your post, I don't think that's necessary.
Don't try that again on this forum.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
chromecast6