OS X Remove hidden .actors folders ?
I have artwork in my individual movie folders since I've exported my library (separate files). It seems I should have chosen 'single file'...
How can I remove the hidden .actors folders?

Finder does not search for hidden folders. Is there a way to remove all these folders in Terminal?
My file structure is like this:

Films
- Curse of Frankenstein, The (1957)
-- .actors (hidden, containing actor thumbnails)

My movies are on a network share.

Thanks for helping me out,
Levi
i'm sure finder has an option to show hidden files. if not, use a better tool.
(2013-07-25, 14:34)spiff Wrote: i'm sure finder has an option to show hidden files. if not, use a better tool.

It does show hidden files and folders, sure. If I want to use Finder's search function, however, I cannot search for hidden folders (within a folder) in order to delete them.
If you open a Finder window for the folder you're searching and enter the search term in the search window a list of options will appear just below. Select the folder to search, select "contents" or "file name". Click the "+" button for more options. In the pull down menu in the next line that appears select "file visibility". This will give you options for "visible" "invisible" or both.

This applies for Snow Leopard. Hopefully nothing is changed in more current OS's.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
TinkerTool
(2013-07-25, 17:11)wgstarks Wrote: If you open a Finder window for the folder you're searching and enter the search term in the search window a list of options will appear just below. Select the folder to search, select "contents" or "file name". Click the "+" button for more options. In the pull down menu in the next line that appears select "file visibility". This will give you options for "visible" "invisible" or both.

This applies for Snow Leopard. Hopefully nothing is changed in more current OS's.

Mountain Lion is somewhat different; didn't work.
(2013-07-25, 18:32)Ned Scott Wrote: TinkerTool

I don't see how I can search for hidden 'folders' with this tool. It just hides or shows them in Finder. In Finder's search window I cannot manage to get a full list of hidden folders. I want to get rid of the .actors folders!
Go to Cnet and search for "Fast Empty Folder Finder". It works for finding and deleting empty folders (hidden or not).

Hope this helps.

Matt
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove hidden .actors folders ?0