XBMC Library Auto Updater vs Watchdog
Hi guys,

What's the real difference between XBMC Library auto updater and watchdog addon?

Which addon do you prefer?

Which do you think is better?

I'm using openelec on Raspberry Pi.

Thanks for your oppinions.
Wondering the same thing, anyone?
Watchdog constantly looks for new media and updates your library whenever you add/delete files. The Library auto updater updates your library on a timer. So with Watchdog if you add a new file it gets updated right away...with Library auto updater you set the time, say midnight, when the library is updated but not before that time.

Watchdog is the better option if you can get it to work. I personally have trouble getting it to work but it is better if it works for you.
Like Scott00007 I've had issues with Watchdog.

If your media exists on the local system XBMC is running from, It works great. If your media is on a remote network share, it is best avoided in favour of Library Auto-Updater IMHO. I'd definately skip Watchdog if that remote server is a NAS, as these are generally lower powered devices, they can be maxed out pretty easily. Not to mention anything that is constantly and consistently polling the NAS for updates will prevent HDD sleep and/or power saving features. YMMV.
On my Win8 xbmc I preferred Watchdog, but I struggled to get it working on my new Pi.
So now I'm using XBMC Library auto updater on my Pi and have disabled all updating on my Win8 box as the Pi is on 24/7 and I use a shared SQL Library between them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Library Auto Updater vs Watchdog5