Full Screen in Display Out and AirPlay Mirroring no longer works
Hi,

I was happily watching XBMC on my iPad connected to a TV via the Apply Display Adapter and an HDMI cable. Using Confluence, I could successfully change to Display #2 following the process described here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ut_to_a_TV

However, the next day I attempted to do the same but switching to Display #2 caused XBMC tablet to change to the touchscreen page (as it should) but then the touchscreen page was mirrored on the TV, then the XBMC went very briefly full screen and then switched immediately back to Display #1. The same behavior occurs when using Airplay Mirroring to an ATV2. I thought that maybe my XBMC install had gone wonky so I've updated to the latest nightly to no effect. Any ideas what is happening here?

Here's my debug xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/MgzgyPkP

Platform: iPad 2
iOS: 5.1.1 (Build 9B206)
XBMC Build: 13.0-ALPHA6 Git:20130724-23c645d
Install method: ssh, curl, dpkg
Well i would try it with confluence again. The touched skin is not suitable for usage with HDMI Adapter on a TV. Beside that it looks like the "do you want to keep this resolution" dialog isn't confirmed and so it switches back to the pad. It might be that turning on the TV just lasts too long or some other bug that results in the fact that the dialog is already shown before the TV is actually switched (so you can't see the dialog and confirm the new resolution).

Can you somehow confirm anything of that?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

I'm using Confluence. I don't get a confirmation dialog at all - I used to get one when this did work. These are the symptoms:
- Turn on iPad mirroring
- Start XBMC
- Go to Settings>System>Display and try switching to Full Screen #2 (resolution is showing 1024x768)
- iPad switches to touch screen mode
- TV screen fades to black
- TV screen momentarily goes full screen but then immediately fades back to centered window, switches automatically to Full Screen #1 and iPad exits touch screen mode (no confirmation dialog received).

Here is a new debug log using the latest nightly and waiting for things to settle a bit after booting into XBMC before attempting full screen mirroring: http://pastebin.com/gstRZGAA

Cheers,

djb
yeah looks like the dialog is there while tv is switching resolution and already counts down ... so i have to dig into it ... no eta - i am quiet busy atm and don't have time to do much for xbmc sadly ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
No rush. Thanks for the update anyway.

djb
possible workaround

switch to fullscreen#2

once the touch control appears on the ios device - swipe right once and single tap (this confirms the new resolution on the non visible resolution change dialog)

This should let it stick on the external screen. Though switching back to the pad seems heavily broken - so if you want to have xbmc back on the ios device you need to start xbmc with the hdmi adapter unplugged for now (else it will be started on the external screen automagically)
Hi Memphiz,

I can confirm that your workaround works for me!

Cheers,

djb
the dialog is fixed in next nightly ... the switching back from externa to internal is still an unresolved issue.
could you do me a favour and test

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...ck-ios.deb

and report back if this fixes switching back from external to internal screen aswell?
Hi Memphiz,

Using your test build, both internal and external and back again seem to work fine. Let me know if you'd like any logs and I'll create and post them.

Thanks once again for taking the time to look into this!

djb
thx for testing ... will try to push this to mainline code when i get some time again (and after some more testing with older devices ...)
Hi guys

Im new to this but would appreciate any help. When i go to system video i can not choose a different display it is ghosted out. I'm on ipad 5.1.1 trying it with appletv2 . Any suggestions what im doing wrongHuh?
as you already found out - ipad1 is to old and doesn't support airplay mirroring. For the future try to not cross post. If in doubt post your issue in a seperate thread but do this only once...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Screen in Display Out and AirPlay Mirroring no longer works0