New Build : Overall media solution
While this will not be my first build (Several PCs, current HTPC - on Frodo, Unraid server), it will be my first oriented to gaming. I'm going to retire the currect HTPC to the bedroom and put together a build that hopefully will offer a somewhat seamless HTPC/Gaming experience.

The usual requirements - XBMC, 1080p playback, OTA HD, Solid FPS on current and future games at 1080, 360 controller compatibililty, Dolphin using factory Wii remotes.

Will most likely not overclock as I want a commerical feel, not worrying about stability.

Case : Need soemthing with a huge wife approval factor right now leaning toward the Wesena e6 or e7 in silver.

CPU i5-4670 (I'm fairly set on this)

MOBO - Need HDMI and optical audio out - also for noise reasons I think I would want the fans to be temp controlled.

RAM - trying to decide between 8GB and 16GB

Storeage - Movies, TV and Music are streamed from the NAS - I assumed it would be unwise to store the PC games OR Wii games there? Having a hard time between SSD HDD or Combo, currently my htpc boots from a 64GB SSD but I know that wouldn't be enough for this setup.

GPU - Leaning heavily toward the GTX 760 - especially the Msi gaming version as it seems to do great in noise tests.

PSU - Need something as silent as possible and I may upgrade the 760 to SLI in the future - I'm thinking between 650-750W to cover that?

Let me know what you guys think. I would like to get this down and then start thinking about controller connectivity and whatnot.
Ok guys just thought I would check in finished my build a few weeks ago and working on setting up software slowly.Went with the i5, 16GB RAM, Msi gaming GTX760, and a Samsung 250GB SSD in an nmediapc case. Pleasantly suprised as this case didnt get great reviews but after I took the HDD tray out it did wonderfully and looks amazing in my living room. I will post some follow up pics soon.

So far it runs every PC game I've thrown at it smoothly, and my first impressions with dolphin are great. Having a few issues with focus and windows 8 and trying to work out some kinks with launching games but expect to work them out in the next few weeks.
Nice! Congrats!
Hi

I am in the process of doing much the same and at the moment have the steam launcher plugin set up as a seperate page called "Games" which quits xbmc to launch steam big picture and when you exit steam it relaunches xbmc. All of this is done via the remote control or 360 joypad and integrates nicely with the movie, tv series, music, weather pages nicely.

What are you using to launch games within xbmc and in particular dolphin games as i would like to incorperate this also ?
You have come across the same thing that has been troubling me for weeks. I started a thread a little bit back about this exact thing. I've yet to tweak it to where I am in love with it, but I am getting there. Right now when you select games I have that set as a favorite - tied to an advanced launcher catagory called games, that catagory currenty has 2 launchers in it. One for PC games, and one for Wii games. The PC games launch via steam url shortcuts, and the wii games using the dolphin.exe launcher. I'm looking at add steamlaucher as a third option just to be able to select that when I want to go into steam. I'm trying to tie up some options via the wii games(refocusing xbmc upon close) and clean up some of the launching options for the pc games, as they are not all steam games, some are origin and uplay. I'll give you updates as I get closer to making this as clean as possible as that is my overall final goal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Build : Overall media solution0