• 4(current)
WIP Cycle
(2013-08-06, 21:15)Mntz Wrote: Lovely! I'm a sucker for light themed skins. Just wondering, are you already testing this on your own plasma/LCD TV or just designing in Photoshop?
These kind of designs sometimes 'fry' your eyes when it's totally dark. Would be cool to change the theme colors based on time of day or a USB light sensor Smile

I have it on my Plasma, the light theme works great, but ofc when you have a dark room or at night, you want to switch to a dark theme. We will def. add a dark theme later.
My plasma buzz slightly when it's too bright. So the dark theme is welcome Smile
(2013-08-07, 10:18)Vaneska Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 21:15)Mntz Wrote: Lovely! I'm a sucker for light themed skins. Just wondering, are you already testing this on your own plasma/LCD TV or just designing in Photoshop?
These kind of designs sometimes 'fry' your eyes when it's totally dark. Would be cool to change the theme colors based on time of day or a USB light sensor Smile

I have it on my Plasma, the light theme works great, but ofc when you have a dark room or at night, you want to switch to a dark theme. We will def. add a dark theme later.

What about a plugin, that changes the light theme to dark when it comes to sunset, just like standalone GPS devices do? Plugin shoudn't be too hard to code since the information sunrise/sunset can be pulled from the weather api and you'll only have to set a plugin option which theme style gets selected whatever condition is given and do a Skin.reload().
Or just use a skin condition to check against the system time.
(2013-08-07, 20:52)Hitcher Wrote: Or just use a skin condition to check against the system time.
Is there a built-in that will switch between colour schemes? On the wiki I can see 'Skin.Theme' to cycle themes, but I couldn't see something similar for colour schemes (I'm using colordiffuse rather than separate textures). What I was thinking was to have a Home.xml onload condition that switches schemes depending on a time that the user sets in skin settings.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I was thinking more of changing the colour diffuse tag for white textures. Having them set as variables that can then be changed easily.
Great idea Hitcher! A plugin of course could give the user more flexibility about timings and color schemes/themes. But skinners could also do this via skin settings. Would like to see a proof of concept. Anyone? Smile
// updated 08.08
+ Changed the flat design to a little more dimensional
+ Added Circle Episode View
+ Optional star or number rating
+ Posterview: added "watched" indicator
this is looking good...hope it actually becomes a reality unlike many beautiful concepts here that were never completed
Vaneska, in this screen: http://i.imgur.com/lACytFC.jpg I think the icons in the left bar (white bar) are far from the description-word (blue bar).
Maybe the icons bar could be a bit more narrow... It's only one idea, I like very much the rest of the concept. Great job

(2013-08-08, 16:15)azrael17 Wrote: this is looking good...hope it actually becomes a reality unlike many beautiful concepts here that were never completed

jurialmunkey is a great skinner, I'm sure he ends the job. Smile
(2013-08-08, 16:38)ferent Wrote: Vaneska, in this screen: http://i.imgur.com/lACytFC.jpg I think the icons in the left bar (white bar) are far from the description-word (blue bar).
Maybe the icons bar could be a bit more narrow... It's only one idea, I like very much the rest of the concept. Great job

jurial already coded the menu. It might be a little off in my mockups, when i changed the font i didn't check the alignment.

But it should be 100px for the white bar (half the size to the first circle) = 29px | 42px (icon) | 29px. And then 29px | Text

I wonder why i didn't make it 30/40/30 Huh
please upload to github
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2013-08-08, 18:38)bandelguy Wrote: please upload to github

+1

Yep wanna try this Big Grin

Greetz Stealth
Its mostly only mockups at this stage. The actual skin is literally only what is shown in the video.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

The work has just started plus Jurialmunkey has another excellent skin he regularly updates, and all this he is doing for free. So, a little patience would probably be good. Thanks Jurial and Vaneska for your excellent work!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cycle9