Req Stop Adding New Features. (Make post-Gotham a 'no new feature' ver)
MediaPortal is a pretty good warning example against complete feature freeze. They announced the "new" media portal something like 4 years ago and STILL haven't gotten it out. Keeping each feature of XBMC in its own API'd silo is a great idea. Amazon did it years ago and has been experiencing benefits ever since. But actually doing the work sucks and is boring and, most importantly, isn't an assignable task. If devs want to do it, awesome. Montellese did just this recently with settings. But telling people they HAVE to do the work (or else work on nothing) is a guaranteed way to end development of XBMC forever.
(2013-07-30, 13:41)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 13:05)da-anda Wrote: pecinko - in general yes, but one of the XBMC instances will act as "master" (auto negotiated) - and if you have one instance up all the time it could be your permanent master -> server

There's no problem running it 24/7; main drawback is it still won't be headless server.

I believe Montelesse once wrote how this could look like. I thought improving UPNP server is an important part. As for the headless approach; this is quite use able already altough it still needs work.
(2013-07-30, 15:13)Robotica Wrote: I believe Montelesse once wrote how this could look like. I thought improving UPNP server is an important part. As for the headless approach; this is quite use able already altough it still needs work.

Either I overslept something or you are referring to unsupported xbmc minified as a server thread.

As far as I understood improved UPNP is one of GSOC project so XBMC distributed model you asked about is in progress. Problem (for me at least) is I would probably need to use some kind of VPN to remotely access music on server or run full blown XBMC in order to manage library or make new video nodes.

Still it is surely improvement over existing possibilities and I certainly would not vote for feature freeze just yet Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@pecinclo: Theuni committed PR1049 last year.
(2013-07-30, 16:51)Robotica Wrote: @pecinclo: Theuni committed PR1049 last year.

That is far from complete.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-07-30, 16:53)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 16:51)Robotica Wrote: @pecinclo: Theuni committed PR1049 last year.

That is far from complete.

Nobody said it was complete. But I think pecinko is right; this project needs more cooperation to be completed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop Adding New Features. (Make post-Gotham a 'no new feature' ver)1