Help with DVDExtras AddOn

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
I can't get this to work. Setup everything as described here https://github.com/brentosmith/xbmc-dvde.../README.md. The problem is that extras files don't seem to be getting ignored when the videos are scanned. I'm getting multiple entries for each video and when I click the "Extras" button I get "No Extras Found". I'm thinking that maybe I didn't get the advancedsettings.xml right. This is a new install of xbmc, so I had to create the Advanced Settings file.

advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <video>
     <excludefromscan>
       <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
       <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
     </excludefromscan>
     <excludetvshowsfromscan>
       <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
       <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
     </excludetvshowsfromscan>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>

Also, the "Extras" button seems to be in a strange place (not located with the other buttons). Since the readme doesn't specify where to insert the code for the skin mod I just picked a spot. Does the order of the code in the file matter?

Any help would be much appreciated.

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
MacMini5,2 HTPC (Gotham 13.2/Aeon Nox 5.1.5/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
Buzzsaw Offline
For locating the button, your answer is dependent on which skin you're using and buried in this thread about 3/4 through.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125024

Also, for those others reading this I discovered an issue with this great Add-on. On my Windows system it will not find Extras if the movie folder has a "," (comma) in the name. e.g. "M:\Movies\Magnificent Seven, The". I posted an issue on the GitHub page.
(This post was last modified: 2013-08-26 19:57 by Buzzsaw.)
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2013-08-26 19:36)Buzzsaw Wrote:  For locating the button, your answer is dependent on which skin you're using and buried in this thread about 3/4 through.

Thanks. I found that and got the button moved to the correct location. Never could get the -extras code to work though. If I add extras to the folder with the movie they get scrapped as another copy of the movie. Had to put them in an "Extras" sub folder.

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
MacMini5,2 HTPC (Gotham 13.2/Aeon Nox 5.1.5/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote