Series linked recordings?
From what I have read here it looks like series recordings aren't supported yet - can anyone confirm or deny this or advise if they are planned to be sorted?

I am planning on using MediaPortal as the backend and the MP client supports series linking and I really need this to get full WAF :-)

Cheers
Matt,
No, still not supported at the XBMC side. The MediaPortal backend supports it, but the current Frodo/pre-Gotham PVR interface and GUI are not extensive enough to provide full series recording support like in MediaPortal. The MediaPortal PVR addon provides therefore only limited series recording support via repeated recordings on multiple week/weekend days.

Series recording is a long standing feature request, but there is no planned support or work-in-progress in this area as far as I know. Limited time also prevents me from diving into this matter alone.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks Margro - appreciate the reply and all the work you do.

So I can set a repeating recording at a specific time and date then? That would likely achieve what I need for now.

I have done a bit of coding in previous life - are there any guides or anything I could look at so I can become a contributor?

Cheers
Matt.
I don't use media portal, I use mythtv. It has a web server on the server where I usually set up my recordings from and have full control over all of the backend features.

Does mediaportal have some other way of setting recordings? Like a web client?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series linked recordings?0