ZOTAC ZBOX nano ID65
Hello fellow xbmc users,
Long time reader and user of the forum, I've always used random computers with xbmc, this ends today ( or pretty soon) !
I'm finally looking for a htpc.
A friend just bought this:

ZOTAC ZBOX nano ID65 http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs/201...s-review/1

And seems very happy with it. Do you think it is good, what i like about it is the size, the bluetooth ( i use bluetooth a lot ). I do not care about using a remote as i control xbmc with a tablet.
As far as games as concerned I mainly play not to voracious games such as Diablo for exemple.
For videos I will need 1080p but i do not care about 3D, at least now.
Btw I've read the eskro trhread but I'm not really into computers so I'm afraid I'm still a bit confused.

So do you guys think this zotac is nice or do you have other recommendations?
Thank you in advance.

3mp7y
I've always had good luck with Zotac products, and just about all of their nano-line will work wonderfully as an HTPC. It might even be more than you need, but certainly won't be less.

I would also look at the Intel NUCs and Gigabyte Brixs. All three lines are nice, powerful, and small, for HTPCs.
I had some issues with an older Zotac box (AD02).

- Minor stuttering when playing video in XBMC (even after a fresh OS install). Tried all sorts of things (including playing with audio settings according to some threads) to fix it and got it down to the point where it wasn't very noticeable at 24fps, but if I turned on motion interpolation/smoothing the minor stutters would be easy to spot.
- Playing 3D content (HSBS files or 3D YouTube) would result in unaligned images. Tested on more than one 3D display (TV and projector). Same thing.
- The unit would crash in Win7 x64 when resuming from sleep (known issue according to Zotac)
- USB3 connection would randomly disconnect/reconnect. The same drive enclosure was fine in the USB2 ports.

Basically, just make sure your friend's unit doesn't have any of these problems before getting one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZOTAC ZBOX nano ID650