Audio-output via/through Xbox-Live! headset?
that would be cool if you could playback audio through the xbl headset for private viewing
(sniperkilla @ feb. 23 2004,20:14 Wrote:that would be cool if you could playback audio through the xbl headset for private viewing
sounds interesting, only i'll probably not get the microsoft live headset, as live subscription went up in price.

too bad, there's no integrated support for bluetooth in xbox.

just think how cool it could be to remotely queue songs using the headset, loading streams, etc. Wink
how about using the mic in the xbox music maker as a mike in xbmc to sing along with your favortie karaoke songs.... then the xbox would really be an entertainment center!

xxx
i think sniperkilla meant headset speaker only, not voice control or mic support when he started this feature suggestion thread Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
heh voice control would be nice too Smile
i use a bluetooth headset on my xbox, just went out and got the jabra one with the transmitter, plug the 2.5mm jack into the pack and hey ho.

i did this as i wanted to be truly wireless after getting the logitech wireless controller, didnt see much point in having one of those if i still had to sit 5 feet away from the xbox to use the headset.
(ruckuslv @ feb. 25 2004,21:07 Wrote:i use a bluetooth headset on my xbox, just went out and got the jabra one with the transmitter, plug the 2.5mm jack into the pack
off-topic but where can i find/buy that (uk/europe)? ...mi likes thi gadgets Image
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Quote:that would be cool if you could playback audio through the xbl headset for private viewing
hehe, just plug a headphone into your amplifier when you watch p0rn:-)

anyway.
i dont got a microsoft live headset, so dont think this is gonna happen soon
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
(gamester17 @ feb. 26 2004,11:24 Wrote:
(gamester @ feb. 25 2004,21:07 Wrote:off-topic but where can i find/buy that (uk/europe)? ...mi likes thi gadgets Image
me too, i live in a wireless wonderland Wink

i just went to a big electronics store and asked for a headset for a phone without bluetooth, so it came with the transmitter, and not for one with a phone that already has built in bt.

was $150 for my jabra, but you can get cheaper ones.
i just wanted to write, that what i wrote before doesn't make a lot of senes (ie microphone - besides it was meant ironic, withness Wink

the reason i say this is, well, the headset is not wireless, so as i see it, only in a very few cases, it would be harder to use a remote or controller to input, than using a headset (think physically challenged).

p.s. i don't get the topic, what does "replying to audio playback" mean? voice recognition? how could this be done??
this idea just came 2 me a few mins. basicly what i was thinking that you can allow the sound 2 flow into the controller headset. of course volume control can be done on the lil card, mute will mute the speaker. also this would need a setting/headset detection. have in the options menu 2 either ignore the headset and send sound 2 the tv as normal, or when a headset is plugged in revert the sound 2 the headset. now i don't know much about the headset, but i'l like it to only detect it when the headset itself is attached 2 the card, so say the card is plugged in, but the headset isn't, it should ignore it. you could also throw in somthin 2 enable/disable it on-the-fly, somthin like pull both triggers and click the sticks.

looking for some input on this, what do any of you guyz think of this?
i was thinking of working on this eventually in the context of karaoke. check the cdg developpment thread for updates.
thats a pretty sweet idea there, never thought of karaoke. that could be very interesting
Big Grin 
@Casper1786, always read the faq before posting (forum rule!Wink, http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#30
Quote:q: where can i request a new feature or function to be implemented in a future release?
a: you can log a new feature/function request in our rfe request feature tracking system,
you must register and be logged-in on sourceforge.net before you can do this. <u>however first
remember to search for existing "feature request's" before logging a new request! you should
take note that we guesstimate that 99% of all 'new' requests xbmc users post have already
been requested before so it is imperative that you search thoroughly</u>. you can also post a copy
of your suggestion here if you want it open for discussion in the xbmc forums, but <u>again you
must search there too before you post, (we do not like to have to reorganising duplicate posts)</u>.
please respect that your request only counts as a suggestion, there' s no guarantee that it will
implemented soon or ever, known that almost all users think their own ideas is most important,
very common comment is: "if you only add these features then xbmc will be perfect for me".
note! only one feature per request and forum thread is allowed (for easier manageability).
i think it would be awesome if you could use the xbox live communicator as a mono headphone for xbmc, and like maybe the volume you turn down using the right thumbstick wouldnt affect it, so you could just turn the tv down using that, and the wheel for the communicator. this would be awesome i think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio-output via/through Xbox-Live! headset?0