Audio-output via/through Xbox-Live! headset?
i want to know if the headset can be used as headphones (to listen to music or something else)? it can be, maybe, a good idea if you don't have to use the sound of your tv. and the microphone can be use with the karaoke.

darkbowsee

this is an awesome idea,
if you can integrate this into xbmc, and mute your tv,
then you could watch movies, while your wife is sleeping, without disturbing her.
in fact, you could have options for different audi streams for each controller,
and 4 people could have their own personal volume control for how loud to listen to the tv. also, you could integrate with the python myth plug-in, and have a picture in picture,
and one person could listen to pip audio, and other could listen to main channel audio, or movie...

yes, we are a complicated family.
does anyone know how they implemented the audio for kai live headset function?
yes! smokeman, you are on point with exactly what i was thinking here. only the difference is that i was thinking about using it with a mediaportal interface when it comes (hopeful). maybe we could do a complete split screen or something along those lines and have a toggle button combo on the controller that will pull a menu up and allow you to designate which controller will hear what. this seems like it would be difficult to implement because you need a way to distinguish which audio stream is which, but if it is possible, this would be very cool!
since the original post (and topic) are exactly what i was thinking i just thought i'd bump this thread. is anyone else still interested? all i'm interested in is being able to listen to the xbmc audio output through the headset. i would also recommend that the volume control doesn't affect the headset as it already has a volume control. but i can see why someone might want it to affect the headset volume so maybe a setting in

settings - music - headset
sound output ~ on/off
use xbmc volume control ~ on/off
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
i wouldnt mind listening to music on the headset rather than the tv... can you guys add this feature to a future version?
Thumbs Up 
i was wondering if you folks could add an option in XBMC so that we could listen to music or movies privately using the Xbox Live headset attached to the controller? I know that it is only mono, but it would be a pretty nifty idea, and i have no doubt that some people would find a way to add a stereo headset.

Another option in this area could be to have audio output to TV and headset, or headset alone. That way you can blast the music when it's on headset only and not worry about waking up anyone, and also if someone who is hard of hearing is watching a movie with ya, they could listen with the headset, and everyone else could listen with the TV.

Just a thought, lets get some good use of this headset, karaoke was a great addition, but we can do more.. possibly an msn-like-voice-call/conferenceAngry!Smile
I like this if for no other reason that i'd actually have somethign I can use that old headset for lol. Paid all that money for it and now since I don't use XBox Live it sits there collecting dust.
"Some people would find a way to attach a stereo headset"Huh What magical fairy land do you live in where audio channels just appear out of thin air?
Catchy Signature Here
hmm well rewire a headset to dual mono, and then combine the streams to mono on the xbox side for example, or even a whole rewired connector, who knows.. what else can be done with it.

well hopefully it'll make a new release someday, as an added feature, i still think its a good idea!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio-output via/through Xbox-Live! headset?0