Win Need Help with re-Design of DVR & Network
Hey Guys,

I had a single TV running a combined MythTV frontend/backed DVR using the Linux-based MythDora for an OS. I had stuffed 5 hard drives and fans into the case to accommodate all my DVD movie rips and it was getting hot and noisy with all the fans. In addition, development for MythDora has ended and I believe I had outgrown my setup as I would like to expand to multiple TVs. In addition, i would like to build a NAS box in my basement office to accommodate all the hard drive storage as well as the tuner cards. My plan is to have each TV run a fairly lean XBMC Windows box with just a single hard drive for the OS, an Intel Celeron CPU with onboard Intel HD graphics and connect to the downstairs backend to access all the recordings. So I am thinking I need to run Windows 7 on each TV frontend and Windows 7 or Windows Home Server on the backend in my basement office. Am I able to host all the tuner cards in the backend NAS? If so, how do I change stations with a remote? I understand that in order to coordinate the backend with all the frontends, I need to install mySQL 5.5 server, but is there anything I am missing I should know about? Once again, the NAS server in my basement office will hold all the media, the DVD movie rips and all the recordings from the TV tuners. It will probably also do any commercial skip transcoding.

I have a powerline Ethernet adapter that has worked well in the past that I am planning on using. I also have a wireless N network throughout the house.

I plan on running RAID in the backend and only recording HD video off OTA broadcasts.

Any help with this config or is there something else I should know?

Sieggs1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help with re-Design of DVR & Network0