OS X Pseudo tv live xml issue:
Ive been over to the thread and posted a bunch but we cant figure out y my xbmc frodo on max os 10.8.6 crashes everytime i add in another guys settings2.xml? It shows it lock on the channels then pops up saying rule 1, then crashes,

The logs ive posted do not show anything wrong with ptvl, but i have a ton of mac crash logs, and i can hopefully post one or sections of one as it is pretty big...

Anyone else having any issues such as mine?

Figured id post it in the mac section as they are probably pretty tired dealing with my issue over there Smile no offence to those guys becayse id be tired of me by now too!
Over there? Well i'm more then unsure what to do with your post. Its totally useless to me in that current state.

If you crash - post at least the crashreporter log. Use pastebin.com for it and put the link in here. Also post the debug log (wiki) which fits the crash (DEBUG has to be turned on in system->system->debug)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry, by "over there" i was referring to the pseudo tv live thread"

Ill get some crash logs and stuff and get them posted up
FYI, in the PTVL thread scilz was able to confirm that a dead link in the settings 2 will result in the behavior you are experiencing. So, the issue is with the settings2 he is providing, not the plugin or XBMC.
(2013-08-01, 01:45)virgahyatt Wrote: FYI, in the PTVL thread scilz was able to confirm that a dead link in the settings 2 will result in the behavior you are experiencing. So, the issue is with the settings2 he is providing, not the plugin or XBMC.

Yeah i had read that but my problem is after it locks the channels on my xbmc running on either mac 10.6.8 or higher,

It shows reading rule 1.... Then xbmc crashes... Still dont know y? Ive tried it over and over again and again to no avail! Id love to learn to code an xml so i can include all the sports channels being offered as well as as many live tv streams as possible to cut the satelite but i do t have the time or the know how to do it!

I just wonder y others have been able to get it to work even w the bad channels, yet mine wont ever?

Ill post up my mac crash log tonight... Maybe i need to update something in order for it to still work even w bad channels?
Remove ALL of the lines from the settings2.xml that contain internet streams. Cut them from that file, and open a text editor, and paste them into that. Save it, and restart XBMC. Does it work now? It should. Then, you start one channel at a time, re pasting them back into the settings2.xml . After you repaste a channel, save it, restart xbmc. You will eventually find a few channels, that are breaking Pseudotv Live for you. Channel variables are everything that are part of _&&_ is everything that has _26_ is for channel 26.
PEPPY! Thanks! Ill try it tonight or early tomorrow morning and let u know! If that is the case then i can add a crap ton more channels then correct?
(2013-08-07, 03:48)peppy6582 Wrote: Remove ALL of the lines from the settings2.xml that contain internet streams. Cut them from that file, and open a text editor, and paste them into that. Save it, and restart XBMC. Does it work now? It should. Then, you start one channel at a time, re pasting them back into the settings2.xml . After you repaste a channel, save it, restart xbmc. You will eventually find a few channels, that are breaking Pseudotv Live for you. Channel variables are everything that are part of _&&_ is everything that has _26_ is for channel 26.

sorry i tried this but im kind of lost i know, simple right? but im not sure if i have to take out the entire section :

<setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
<setting id="Channel_900_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_900_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_900_2" value="rtmp://vevohp2livefs.fplive.net:1935/vevohp2live-live/ playpath=stream2272000 swfUrl=http://cache.vevo.com/livepassdl.conviva.com/ver/2.64.0.68610/LivePassModuleMain_osmf.swf" />
<setting id="Channel_900_3" value="VevoTV" />
<setting id="Channel_900_4" value="Sit back and enjoy VEVO TV " />
<setting id="Channel_900_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_900_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_900_time" value="495" />
<setting id="Channel_900_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_900_rule_1_opt_1" value="VevoTV" />

like that?

or just the section showing the rtmp path?
The whole thing. Once it is gone, save the settings2.xml file, and restart pseudotv
Ok cool will do!

So take it all out and only add in 1 whole channel section at at time until it crashes and ill know which channels are crap at the moment correct? And once this is figured out i can then go and say take a live feed i play from an add on and add those individially as well in order to add the channels i want?

Thanks i reaaaalllly appreciate ur help because over on that thread i had so many question that a lot went un answered because it was an xml from another person.... Wish that other person could start a thread in support of the issues within ptvl! Might help a lot!
Yeah, it is an emerging add-on, with lots of features in the works, and the developer is focused on those features vs supporting something with many known issues. There are a few and I MEAN a FEW, of those streams that work all the time. Several of them are causing your issue, so add them slowly, and one might go down, and then back up, and it will crash your stream. There is some error handling that is in the works, that will take care of the crashes, but that won't be implemented until all of the features are done, and stable.
Thanks peppy! Ill give it a go when i can find the time! Appreciate the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pseudo tv live xml issue:0