• 3(current)
Testing audio engine ActiveAE
currently none of the sinks does support planar format. this has to be added explicitly to the sinks. see line 794 and following of WASAPI. there is nothing which differentiates a planar format from interleaved.
line 1041 of WASAPI: requesting FLOATP has resulted in requesting a bitstream format which must have clearly failed.

we can add a macro AE_IS_PLANAR to AEDataFormat, then sinks can check for planar support.
That sounds good. Will do.

Edit: was rather trivial. I replied to the git discussion.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-08-11, 08:25)Voyager Wrote: I just discovered an issue with sync playback to display. When choosing audio clock you get heavy stuttering, e.g. When playing back 23.976 fps on a 24hz display, I got something around 5 fps... Note my audio is 5.1 digital over SPDIF. This was working fine with SoftAE.

Now switching to videoclock dupe/drop solved that issue for me.

Update on my earlier post: I can't get ActiveAE to work at all on my E-450 HTPC (however it seems to be OK on another machine, Core i7 / NVidia GPU). The log (here) seems to show that the sink opened is not compatible: CActiveAE::OpenSink - sink incompatible, re-starting... I'm going to look further, but would appreciate any input. Could it be related to the device enumeration thing that was discussed in this thread as well?
@Voyager
Can you add the PR fernetmenta did here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3095
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can't at the moment, but I have just succeeded in making it work with DirectSound. So it has to be WASAPI... I 'll report back as soon as I have tested a new build with that PR.
Oki - should work with Wasapi after that commit, too.
@FernetMenta, fritsch on irc: thanks for the explanation.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
update on the situation: still no luck. I've added commits from PR 3095 and it didn't change much, WASAPI over SPDIF is still a no-go on my E450.

See log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44409 (at line 442 I've changed to log level 2 - and at line 17498 the interesting stuff begins).
I think the problem here is the huge buffer (period size) of the sink:

Code:
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Output Device : SPDIF - Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Sample Rate   : 48000
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Sample Format : AE_FMT_S16NE
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Channel Count : 2
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Channel Layout: RAW,RAW
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Frames        : 7200
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Frame Samples : 14400
22:02:13 T:2340   DEBUG:   Frame Size    : 4

ActiveAE allocates buffers with the same size, those buffers flow through the various stages. In this case the internal water level of 250ms is reached with two buffers. I think there's some kind of starvation problem. Investigating ...
FernetMenta, I have finally resolved the problem thanks to a tip in your last post. I have simply removed the advancedsetting I had:

<audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>150</audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>

This was a remnant from the 'old' AE tuning, but I guess the default value works better :-)
@FernetMenta - well, all I did to crash XBMC was playing music (MP3) and cycling/switching audio devices while waitng on each device to output sound (or at least ~3-5 secs) before going to the next (directsound/wasapi, spif/hdmi).

"Output stereo to all speakers" also doesn't really work like mentioned before. I noticed that I at least get sound when using directsound, but it's a) not 5.1 (AVR still is showing stereo) and b) really low/quiet and thus barely noticable (adjust volume on downmix is enabled). I don't get any sound at all with it enabled on WASAPI sinks, regardfless of SPDIF or HDMI.
@da-anda - your log states that you use SPDIF. this is limited to two channels PCM. In order to get 5.1 over SPDIF, the engine needs to transcode to AC3. I have added the upmix option to the decision for engaging transcode. see: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3095. It does include another fix for WASAPI which could fix the no-sound issue for transcoding.
thanks, will test your PR
Hi, two things I've noticed:
  1. after seeking backwards a/v sync is lost. Pausing it for a while and press play starts fist audio and than video, then a/v is synced again.
  2. pausing and then stopping does not stop audio immediately (i.e. audio is audible for some ms))

Debug log:http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44555
(2013-08-12, 12:40)ace20022 Wrote: Hi, two things I've noticed:
  1. pausing and then stopping does not stop audio immediately (i.e. audio is audible for some ms))
the same happens when stopping without pausing
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing audio engine ActiveAE1