Win Fast Zapping (channel switching) between Online Streams and DVB-T feed
Photo 
Hi everyone, I've got XBMC configuration with NextPVR so for me, DVB-T live channels and PVR works just fine.
Now, since I've got another Live channels from the Web (most of them are RTSP / MMS and even RTMP) I want to place them under single category in my AEON NOX Theme Menu on my XBMC...

I was thinking to make some sort of Fast zapping between my live channels from DVBT to my other Live channels from the web... I want to make it as smooth as possible so when I'm watching TV from the soffa, whe I click "UP" button on HTPC remote control it will change channels on DVBT group, and when DVBT channels group is ended, it will continue Switching channels between Live web streams...
I just wonder how can I do it, maybe somebody already done that around here? after all there are great minds around here Smile

anyway, the Idea is to capture Live Web streams and Live DVB-T channels in some back-end service (or some kind of encoder) to broadcast them as seperete streams to XBMC as Live TV...
what do you guys think? is it even possible in some way? or I just came up with some complicated idea? Wink
let me know what you guys think, and I will be happy to discover if there are solutions for this around the web...

Cheers!
The "IPTVSimple PVR addon" is what you want.
Does XBMC support multiple PVR add-ons enabled? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

I think Media Portal is the only backend that supports both IPTV and traditional TV signals (satellite, terrestrial, cable). I was looking to do the same but had trouble sorting out the EPG source.
Quote:Does XBMC support multiple PVR add-ons enabled?

Yes, it does. It does not support multiple addons of the same type without a little tweak.

Quote: think Media Portal is the only backend that supports both IPTV and traditional TV signals

VDR supports this too.
(2013-08-05, 02:06)tommywm22 Wrote: Does XBMC support multiple PVR add-ons enabled? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

I think Media Portal is the only backend that supports both IPTV and traditional TV signals (satellite, terrestrial, cable). I was looking to do the same but had trouble sorting out the EPG source.

The IPTV PVR addon uses XMLTV from a file as EPG source. Only problem I've had with it is it only supports a single XML file, meaning you have to be able to get all your streams' EPG data from the same source (or do some hacking to be able to combine the XML).
(2013-08-05, 02:06)tommywm22 Wrote: Does XBMC support multiple PVR add-ons enabled? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Umm no, mythtv.

(2013-08-06, 08:32)negge Wrote:

The IPTV PVR addon uses XMLTV from a file as EPG source. Only problem I've had with it is it only supports a single XML file, meaning you have to be able to get all your streams' EPG data from the same source (or do some hacking to be able to combine the XML).
Code:
nick@media:~$ man tv_cat
TV_CAT(1p)                                      User Contributed Perl Documentation                                      TV_CAT(1p)

NAME
       tv_cat - Concatenate XMLTV listings files.

SYNOPSIS
       tv_cat [--help] [--output FILE] [FILE...]

DESCRIPTION
       Read one or more XMLTV files and write a file to standard ouput whose programmes are the concatenation of the programmes in
       the input files, and whose channels are the union of the channels in the input files.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the tip @nickr!
Ok guys, so I see that there are a few solutions for what I was talking about...

which one is the best solution for what I talked about? for PVR I'm currently using NextPVR...
but I have tried MediaPortal in the past too... should I try MediaPortal for what I need?

10X Smile
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update you guys and say thanks,
I archived what I wanted with NextPVR, There is a great way to Add DBB-T Channels along with IPTV channels in it's config menus,
The only down side is that you can only add HTTP, UDP and RTP streams... there is no support for MMS and other streaming types...

I've got many "MMS://" URL links for my live channels and I"m looking now for a way to add them to NextPVR's IPTV menu...
any ideas?

anyway, if I'll solve that, I'll update you guys, maybe this will help others too...

Cheers Smile
You'll have to use some sort of transcoding software to change the scheme from MMS to HTTP.
Ok, thanks, do you have any preferred transcoder?

I hope that my HTPC will survive that, 2 different services for transcoding and PVR? well I'll try...
I don't use transcoding so I can't recommend anything. I also suspect that most PVR software need IPTV streams to be in MPEG-TS, which probably means you'd have to transcode the whole thing (not just remux it over HTTP).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast Zapping (channel switching) between Online Streams and DVB-T feed0