[Feature request] Partial nfo export-update
The nfo creation from XBMC begins with library export. Then we can select only create new nfo o update all.
If a tv show or movie have an nfo already created and an scraper update changes content (f.e., title and plot of chapters in local languaje, or new IMDB puntuation), ther is no easy way of update these nfos only. We must export all library overwriting all old nfo.
My idea is, in the new menu manage, a button for update nfos for the movie or tv show only
In theory this shouldn't be an issue. If there's an NFO file then XBMC should have imported everything that NFO file had. Re-exporting should simply make a virtually identical NFO file. Thus, if you want to update the NFO file with changes, only what is changed should be added to the new NFO file, because the unchanged data is already in XBMC.
but... if a rescrapingof a movie change data in XBMC library, and I export library, and select NO overwrite old files, then, I understand that my nfo dont change with new data.
Is my error?
If you refresh data in XBMC that creates new data that is different from the NFO file that already exists, I'm assuming you want to save those changes to the NFO file that already exists?
Yes, but i dont want to rewrite aaaaaalll nfos in library (many time), only one or a few, with new data, for save this new data in the nfo, for in a possible libray disaster , dont need to rescrape this nfo
So this would be to save time on the export, then? Fair enough.
Yeah. if there is an easier way... (without external programs)
After really diving into a new part of my library that I normally don't bother scanning (anime) I've gotta say that I really like this request. I kept exporting as I went, since I was making lots of custom changes and was paranoid about them being preserved. Being able to export per show or for just new files would really speed things up.

+ 1 from me.
+ 1 from me.

This feature would be great for me. I've got 2000+ movies and another 1300 episodes on a NAS so if i want to add .nfo and posters to the 2 movies I just downloaded i have to have to wait 30 mins the export and thats not even overwriting.
+1

We now have terabyte hard drives, hundreds movies in collection. It is serious overheat -- reexport everything just to change data for one movie

Does it possible to add "Export from here" to context menu?
I've been wondering about this myself. Sometimes I want to manually tag files that I just added. This entails 4 steps:

1. Scan entire library, to make sure that any manual tags I have entered are, in fact, added to the database
2. Export entire library, overwriting old files, to make sure that my XBMC added tags get written to the NFOs
3. Manually tag the NFO of the file(s) I wanted to tag
4. Rescan the entire library to make sure the tag is added to the database.

I know this would be simpler if I would just use the XBMC GUI tagging system instead of manually editing the NFO... but XBMC makes it very difficult to apply a tag to a large collection of movies. If I want to tag all of my Christmas movies, I make a tag 'xmas', but then I have to go through a list of all my movies and choose them, one-by-one. So I do it manually, and that would be much easier if I could export one NFO at a time.
I agree that the export feature needs to be looked at

suggestion
update only items that were updated since last export

or ability to export either TV or Movies only.

with a small number of changes I delete or rename the .nfo thus creating a new file on export

Thebear98
Bump Smile

Any possibility of getting this frequently requested feature added
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Bump for the new year.

Really hope the dev team can take this one on, it would be so handy.

Cheers,
RLW

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature request] Partial nfo export-update2