Need to expand media connectivity, but how?
Hello

If you want a small machine check out Lenovo Q190

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157563

I've just ordered it but my setup is like this. Main living room have a amateur type NAS - WD my book live. Connects to the network. Have a dedicated HTPC that gets the media from the NAS. Whole house is wired and once I get the Q190 Hooked up, wired cable and install xbmc, get source (media) from NAS.

My brother in-law's setup is like this and he has 4 Q190's. streaming is also great. Just have good internet.
(2013-08-04, 10:53)MSFighter Wrote: Hello

If you want a small machine check out Lenovo Q190

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157563

I've just ordered it but my setup is like this. Main living room have a amateur type NAS - WD my book live. Connects to the network. Have a dedicated HTPC that gets the media from the NAS. Whole house is wired and once I get the Q190 Hooked up, wired cable and install xbmc, get source (media) from NAS.

My brother in-law's setup is like this and he has 4 Q190's. streaming is also great. Just have good internet.

I need PVR functionality in the living room, so that won't work for me. I'll keep it in mind for later add-ons, though.
AMD FX8350 8-Core
12 GB RAM
ASUS M5A99FX Mobo
ASUS R9 270 x2 in Crossfire for gaming only
500GB Crucial BX100 SSD
1x1TB for Recorded TV
2x2TB for TV Shows, spanned
2x4TB for Movies, spanned
SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime Tuner
Logitech Harmony 300 Remote

Win7 64 w/ SP1
Kodi 15.1
ServerWMC
Sabnzbd
Sonarr
CouchPotato
After talking to the wife yet again about all of this, I've changed my mind again and decided to scrap using the "big" PC as a "NAS" due to power consumption concerns. I'll probably disassemble the external hard drives and install them internally on the HTPC. That was originally my intent, but the CPU transcoding loads concerned me. Now, I'll just go for it and see how it goes. It won't be that hard to switch the hard drives back or upgrade to a better APU/CPU if I'm not satisfied. I'd like to use a more powerful APU, but I really like the 65W architecture of the A6-3500.

Note: this isn't one of those "wife doesn't want it, but I do" situations lol. She is totally onboard for a dedicated HTPC as long as we're saving electricity while we're at it and I agree. She also wants a 60" TV soon and has to be held back from pre-ordering a PS4. I'm so lucky that my wife understands electronic love :-)
AMD FX8350 8-Core
12 GB RAM
ASUS M5A99FX Mobo
ASUS R9 270 x2 in Crossfire for gaming only
500GB Crucial BX100 SSD
1x1TB for Recorded TV
2x2TB for TV Shows, spanned
2x4TB for Movies, spanned
SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime Tuner
Logitech Harmony 300 Remote

Win7 64 w/ SP1
Kodi 15.1