infinite sound loop
Anytime I do anything in the gui, it just infinitely loops that sound. When I try to load a video file in the movie player using any plugin, the sound is all garbled up.

I don't know how I can fix this... if anyone has any pointers, it would be much appreciated. Here's as much system info I can think of that is relevant. If you need me to dump any additional information, please let me know...

$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 13.04 \n \l

$ uname -r
3.8.0-27-generic

I have ALSA, I used to have pulseaudio, but due to various other issues, I removed it. I had a file, /etc/asound.conf with the following data, but I renamed it to /etc/.#asound.conf to keep a backup of it, but prevent it from setting my alsa config.

$ cat /etc/.#asound.conf
pcm.!default {
type hw
card 1
device 3
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 1
device 3
}

Here is a resized screenshot of my sound settings in the gui:

My XBMC is of version: XBMC 12.0-RC3. Git: 7a6cb7f (Compiled: Mar 13 2013).

Thanks!
first of all, use a proper xbmc version from our PPAs. the one in the default ubuntu repo is _very_ old.
Ok,

I did the following,

* Added ppa: sudo apt-get-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa

* Ran an update: sudo apt-get update

* Ran an upgrade: sudo apt-get upgrade:
The following packages have been kept back:
xbmc xbmc-bin
The following packages will be upgraded:
libcec2 libshairport1 plymouth-theme-xbmcbuntu-logo
plymouth-theme-xbmcbuntu-text ubiquity-slideshow-xbmcbuntu xbmcbuntu-artwork
xbmcbuntu-icon-theme xbmcbuntu-plymouth-theme
8 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

* Ran a dist-upgrade: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade:
The following NEW packages will be installed:
xbmc-pvr-argustv xbmc-pvr-dvbviewer xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth xbmc-pvr-nextpvr xbmc-pvr-njoy xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi xbmc-pvr-vuplus
The following packages will be upgraded:
xbmc xbmc-bin
2 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Now I have version: XBMC 12.2 Git:32b1a5e (Compiled: May 2 2013), here's a resized screeenshot of my package manager filtered by xbmc (click on it to see it in fullsize):

Even after that, the problem is still occurring.

UPDATE: Now YouTube (or any flash based web app), as well as VLC won't play any sound... prior to doing the update, they worked just fine. The XBMC app still has the infinite sound loop.
UPDATE 2: I restored the config from /etc/.#asound.conf, my backup file to /etc/asound.conf, now YouTube (as well as other flash based web apps) and VLC play sound correctly; However, if I pause a YouTube video, I hear occasional static that loops. The XBMC app still has the same issues.

Thanks.
If it helps, I think the issue isn't entirely isolated to XBMC.

When I watch videos on YouTube, if I pause the video in the middle, every now and then it will play a bit of static noise repeated a few times; but it doesn't repeat indefinitely.

For more information on my configuration, I had XBMCbuntu (running a packaged version of Lubuntu), with 12.10 (quantal); but I had to upgrade my dist to 13.04 (raring) to be able to get certain packages I needed.
Bumping for any possible help...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
infinite sound loop0