Choosing the optimal audio format
I've experienced some pretty suboptimal audio on occasion, and I'm wondering if it's because of the audio format and not being played back on the appropriate setup. For example, should DTS sound fine over stereo speakers? Or should I avoid DTS if the stereo speakers on the TV will be the destination?

How about other formats such as AC3, DD5.1, AAC, etc? Will those all sound bad in stereo, and could that be the source of bad sound?
If they are downmixed properly they should be fine. I play 5.1 (DTS or AC3) all the time to my stereo TV speakers and it works well. Not as good as on the 5.1 sound system in the lounge, but no problems from my end.

Make sure your xbmc setting is for 2.0 speakers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-08, 12:26)angel5smi Wrote: Hi, It could be wrong way to set up. You will face the problem if you like this and sound will not good.

Mod edit: spam links removed
explain
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Tis be a spammer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choosing the optimal audio format0