Win ASUS eeePC 1215b DTS/DD/DTHD/DTS-HD audio ?
Music 
Hello

First thank you so very much for this player. It finally allows me to play 1080p videos with absolutely no lag and 30% of CPU used. Second this is my first post on this forum so please be gentle. Finally I'm planing to upgrade my audio system. Mostly for my PS 3 but since i have netbook it would be great to use it as well. So the plan is to build 7.1 home theater system to play hd and digital multi chanel sound. Amp of my choice is DENON AVR2113 7.1. PS 3 is simple just send sound through HDMI to amp and than from amp to screen. The problem starts with my laptop. Can i send HD or at lest digital sound through my HDMI (i have no idea which version of HDIM my laptop has).
It also be nice to use optical cord but that would require external USB sound cards (any suggestions) and it still could send only digital signal no hd. Finally will my laptop handle digital sound. I think if i set options menu correctly it should be just fine am i wright ?

Thanks in advance for helping me and again great video player. Keep it that way guys !

Kriz

Ps. I have AMD e-350 APU by the way.
Your Asus is capable to do bitstream-audio, the receiver is capable to play bitstream-audio, so no problems with that. I suspect that HDMI is V1.3a.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Thanks for help.
One more thing to make everything clear. Can i send compressd dts/dd/dthd/dd through my HDMI or at lest digital codecs or only in decompressed LPCM ? My amp will have arc option to switch source for one output to send HD codecs so if my laptop is compatible it should be no problem.
Depends which os you are using.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Windows 8 at this time.
Then the answer should be yes
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASUS eeePC 1215b DTS/DD/DTHD/DTS-HD audio ?0