Dialog/Window Multiple Selection example?
I need an element in my addon that allows the user to highlight multiple (non-static) selections in a window before clicking OK. Their selection is saved, and the results are used in the script, and are also used to highlight the users existing selection when the window is opened again. At the moment this is going to be called from the plugin settings.

I envisage something like the "Browse for TV Shows" function in the Smart Playlist Rule window but havent had much luck finding an example I can emulate.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look?
I had this issue a while ago, I did an ugly hack in my BBC Football Scores script.

Basically it worked by using a DialogSelect list in a loop. When the user clicks on one option, the item is flagged (with a "*") and the list is shown again to allow the user to select more options. The options are stored in separate setting (and so remembered for subsequent runs of the script). This keeps going until the user clicks the "start" option to exit the loop.

The source is here (the relevant bit is rows 163 onwards).

One word of warning - I'm a very amateur script writer who cobbles together scripts based on various google searches. There will undoubtedly be easier ways of achieving what you're trying to do!

I will not be offended if you ignore what I've done!!

el_P
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Thanks thats very helpful.

I wanted to avoid having to create a brand new window and use just a dialog, so your code really helps.

If I find any other solution somewhere else I will post it here and will be sure to PM it through to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dialog/Window Multiple Selection example?0