record live tv ?
is there a way to record live tv streamed somhow from a video card on the pc over a network ? so like you would be able to pause while u view ?
this can be done in more than one way i think. i use a nebula tv card in a networked pc. i can control it using the mytv xbmc script. i can start a recording, then view (+pause, rewind etc.) the recording (almost) immediately. it's not quite perfect but close!

hth

/simon
does this mytv also work with the hauppauge usb2 pvr device? i have tried, but i could not get it working. furthermore, the instructions accompanying the mytv script are very brief only. is there a site or something where we can find more detailed and perhaps clearer information for installing the script on xbox and pc?

thanks.

hans
hansie2, it should be possible to modify the current hauppauge code to allow it to work with their usb2 pvr device. these cards use windows schtasks to create a timer. i you set a timer using the pvr then examine the schtasks, send me the cmd line its created and i'll see what can be done.

they also rely upon being able to translate the channel id into the haupp. programming code. these codes are stored in a file on the pc (usually) called digitaltv-t.lst

have a look at the code in the file saveprogramme_hauppauge.py and you'll see what i mean. if you live in the uk then most of the popular freeview channel codes are already coded in.
dear bigbellybilly,

thanks. wow, great talking to the developer of mytv?

here is the scheduled taks command line:

c:\progra~1\wintv\wintv2k.exe -c3 -ntod -startr:wintv_14.mpg -qvcd -limit:60 -mute

in the readme.txt included in the mytv.zip (from xbmcscripts), you describe the .bat files. reading your mail, you are talking about .cmd files. should i change the .bat to .cmd?

btw, i use the tvgids included in the mytv. that works great, but programming recordings did not work yet. mytv put a file on my computer, but then nothing worked. maybe the 1 minute trick with the scheduled tasks did not work, because of the .bat instead of the .cmd? i will check this evening.....

any further tips are appreciated.

thanks (also for the nice program).

hans
oh, no digitaltv-t.lst file can be found on my pc with the wintv program installed.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
record live tv ?0