WIP streaming through network to pvr
Hi,
I am new to XMBC by just one day so still have lots to learn and get sorted with.
I am wondering if it is possible to strean content from XMBC through a wired network to my PVR which is then connected to the TV. This is what I have done in the past through a server with downloaded video and TV programmes.

Thanks
What pvr and what technology are you using on that existing setup.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi nickr.

Tanks for the reply.

Please firstly forgive me in that I am not the most technical person. I hope the inf below is OK:.

I am using a superhub Virgin broadband router which is going through a desktop PC. I use a wired homeplug system (Devolo dlan high speed- up to 85 mbps- and ethernet wired) on my home network, one to the router and other to Humax box. which is a Humax HDR Fox T2. This is connected then to the TV. The humax has a portal giving access to things such as youtube and other internet facilities.

I have been able to download and then stream through to the Humax using a media server (in this case Servio and sometimes through my GoFlex networking device).

Any advice about XMBC streasming capabilities would be very helpful. Thanks
What your asking for is not XBMC PVR but streaming videos stored in XBMC library to the Humax box is that right ?

It is possible as XBMC has a built in UPnP server but it is unlikely to work as Humax boxes are terrible media players so need a transcoding (converts media on the fly) UPnP/DLNA server which is what Serviio does. Transcoding is coming to XBMC's internal media server in the future but it's not supported at this time.
Hi,
Yes was hoping to stream videos stored in XBMC library to the Humax box.
Thanks for the info. Any idea when the new transcoding facility is likely to be available.
Can I ask, also, if there is a way to store the downloads from xmbc to watch later.

Many thanks
The transcoding feature is being worked on but when the fruits of that appear is not possible to say maybe later in the year with nightly builds would be my guess.
I'd get another XBMC PC and connect it to your TV. That's the way XBMC is intended to be used.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,
I have connected the Humax box to XMBC and can see the connection on both the Humax and PC, but as has been pointed out there is a problem of transcoding. Is there any facility in XMBC of identifying and/or choosing a file format that I know would be suitable for streaming through to the Humax?

Thanks.
You need to know what the humax will do first.
Thanks for reply.
I would find it a bit difficult to explain all the humax can do and a lot of my success with streaming has been through forum guidance and much trial and error.
It is capable of decrypting on the fly and I am using some added customised firmware to help with that.But it still has limitations on acceptible formats.
When using XBMC can I save the chosen files from its libraries in some way? Can I identify the format of the chosen file so as to be able to reformat if necessary to previous successful Humax acceptable formats such as avi and mpeg4?
Hi,
I am glad to say that I found that Navix enables me to download and save. I then can reformat and stream to my Humax box.
It would be nice to stream on the fly and I will keep an aye on the forum for any news about the transcoding feature that is being worked on.
Thanks again for all replies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
streaming through network to pvr0