HTPC 2013 - Which one?
I sincerely apologize for this thread in advance because there are about 1000 different threads on this crap and google, but I want to know what forum members think on this topic.

So far, from the reading I've done I've gathered this;

Celeron NUC, Lenovo Q190, Zotac Zbox - All relatively expensive small pc's

or

Pivox Xios, GBOX MX2, TLBB

What I want to achieve:

A device that I can plug my harddrive into, which xbmc analyses and makes my TV shows and Movies nice and can stream without a problem which hooks up to my TV.

I first was looking at the Pivox Xios (but it seemed weird trying to run linux and openelec versions of xbmc), then I looked at GBOX (which seemed awesome), but then some users recommended small PC's like Zotac (which I was considering recently)
Nuc is a great choice...

Gbox is not ... Simple Smile

Zotac .. Lenovo are good choices too..

Gbox is not ....

( reading those customer reviews in amazon.com about the mx2 , will make anyone think that mx2 is the holy grail of xbmc playback.,
But they do not mention the great flaws of this device.. ..)
NUC. Spend a bit, get a lot.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I'd wait for the quad core amlogic boxes to be released. No need for a NUC after that.
(2013-08-04, 12:15)joelbaby Wrote: I'd wait for the quad core amlogic boxes to be released. No need for a NUC after that.

... There is no comparison between a Nuc and any quad core amlogic processor ...
At least not until a decent firmware emerges..

Nuc is a good solid choice...

Xx core amlogic is not ...( unless pivos make one such product Smile )
GBOX MX2=JUNK. I had one a few months ago and promptly sent it back.
luckily you said that the MX2 is junk. because I was close to buying one haha

any specific models of NUC you guys suggest?
(2013-08-05, 07:38)cv15xbmc Wrote: luckily you said that the MX2 is junk. because I was close to buying one haha

any specific models of NUC you guys suggest?

See my sig VVVVVV

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Any thoughts on The Little Black Box?
(2013-08-05, 13:12)cv15xbmc Wrote: Any thoughts on The Little Black Box?

Plenty in the TLBB thread bud.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Anyone think I should get this? It is used, but cheap considering what it has.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ZOTAC-ZBOX-na...f77&_uhb=1
Can VIA Nano hardware accelerate HD video and is it supported by XBMC?
seriously have no idea. just a few people have recommended zbox's.
Hello Forum...

I'd have to respectfully disagree with anyone who calls the MX2 a crap option for XBMC. I'm an owner of both the Q-190 and MX2 and feel both are viable options to run XBMC successfully.

My experience with the MX2 has been quite satisfactory. I've had issues sure, but they have been promptly addressed by Matricom support either through their forms and even promptly returned phone calls. Please take into consideration that these boxes, the MX2 inparticular, are very inexpensive and not as powerful as some others so you shouldnt expect perfection. The beauty, IMHO, is the fact that they are hackable, capable of running on multiple platforms(Android and a recent Linux Beta) and open for Devs to continue making positive modifications allowing them to run faster and smoother. In addition....Matricom encourages users to make modifications to suit their personal preferences which will not void any replacement warranty, and if you brick the box, their support team will promptly replace your unit free of charge..including the shipping costs up to a specified dollar amount.

I personally like to tinker around with the new and upcoming harware options for XBMC and if I spend a minimal dollar amount I do so knowing the risks involved! I hope more of you would do the same...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC 2013 - Which one?0