Replacement for Motorola NYXBoard Hybrid??
I don't know but I would imagine that it does not turn off as IR is generally passive, it is probably like most remotes, the only reason any of these remotes have switches or auto off are for the RF to save battery.
(2013-09-21, 05:46)poplap Wrote: I don't know but I would imagine that it does not turn off as IR is generally passive, it is probably like most remotes, the only reason any of these remotes have switches or auto off are for the RF to save battery.

thanks, i'll do a bit more research and come to a conclusion
I've opened my mail today and took some photographs.
Probably tommorow I'll upload all the images and start testing the remotes.
I hope to finish untill next week to test them on OpenELEC x86_64, Rpi, Linux desktop, Windows and Android.
I'm not sure if I got an Android device that can run XBMC properly, maybe Frodo but surelly not Gotham and I seen some fixes in XBMC master regarding keyboards in Android so I'm quite sure I can't properly test Android.
Edit: More info and mapping will be added to https://github.com/dhead666/xbmc-custom-keymaps

I received my Rii mini i25 yesterday too, unfortunately it does not work. The dongle is detected in windows but no keypress or mouse action are recorded

Any advice to make it work ?
(2013-10-04, 16:51)caddish Wrote: I received my Rii mini i25 yesterday too, unfortunately it does not work. The dongle is detected in windows but no keypress or mouse action are recorded

FLIRC

All I got.

*EDIT*
So I actually googled the thing and it's supposed to be an air mouse, or something as well. Flirc won't help with that. This thing looks sweet!
Yes it's a standard RF mouse and keyboard but it does not seems to be synchronised with the dongle
@dhead
Can't wait to see your reviews, been waiting to see what you had to say so that I could possibly replace the remote I got. Good Luck with your reviews.

@caddish
That remote is meant to learn another remote so maybe teach it a remote first then use that with FLIRC, maybe that would work, good luck with it as well.
(2013-10-04, 16:51)caddish Wrote: I received my Rii mini i25 yesterday too, unfortunately it does not work. The dongle is detected in windows but no keypress or mouse action are recorded

Same here on Windows and Linux, waiting for response from DX and from riitek.com.
I'm not happy with my RII RT-MWK25 / Rii Mini i25.
Didn't recieved any response from riitek.com nor from DX's support, Chinese support at its best, hurray.

It is possible that my unit defective and can't auto pair with the usb dongle but even if it was working I wouldn't recommend it.

Main issue with the remote is that all the orange colored buttons are sending IR only, that's an epic design fail.
This includes: D-Pad, Power, Menu, Set, TV/AV and Mute.

Very disappointing, I really liked the keyboard layout, the build quality (quite sturdy plastic) and the buttons feel/response.

Already cracked it open, the board is amazingly simple, it's a one board solution (dual sided) way simple than the dual board Mele F10.
They didn't use the popular Nordic Semiconductor nRF24LE1 which used in the Boxee Remote, Mele F10 and CDRC RF091, I guess they tried to save a few cents.

I'm also not too happy with both the VMX3 and VMX1/DF10 but they do work, still need to finish my tests and mapping, will share my final thoughts on these two later.
Same here, no reply from Riitek and DX.

Are you sure the D-pad is infrared only ? I would not have bought it had I known it was infrared only
While I have a precious nyx board myself I was devastated to see that it's no longer available, as I was putting together a htpc for a friend.

The available options don't really seem to be that promising.

An idea that came to my mind was, is it maybe possible to define multitouch gestures to navigate xbmc? A device like the Logitech T650 would be very nice.
(to get around a few gestures would be enough, navigation, sound, channel, play/pause, stop, change audio track in movie, change subtitels)

Or would that be to OS depended?

-peter
Wireless AirMouse Remote, with keyboard on back. I haven't tried one, but it seems cool

Vizio Remote that came with my TV. Works well but it doesn't have a DVD, TV, AUX switch

The TV remote is used with my FLIRC
(2013-10-10, 12:46)caddish Wrote: Same here, no reply from Riitek and DX.

Are you sure the D-pad is infrared only ? I would not have bought it had I known it was infrared only

I'm pretty sure the D-Pad is IR only,
Intersting fact is that on Riitek site the buttons layout color is completely blue, is it means there's another model that can send both IR and keyboard keys over RF for all the buttons ?

I recieved a response today from DX, I've been asked to send it back in order to get a replacement, now I need to reasmble it Smile.

I didn't managed to finish testing and mapping the other remotes yet (life is in the way) but I have one conclusion:
If you really need the IR learning function look somewhere else, both the VMX3 and VMX1/DF10 are horrible in that regard, on the other hand the RII RT-MWK25/Mini i25 does it flawlessly.
I didn't made any real debugging (like: what is the original IR transmitter frequency?), just tried different devices and got about 50% success and no go for my Panasonic TV.
A little update about the VMX3 and VMX1.
The main issue with these remotes is that they are sending strange scancodes which aren't recognize by XBMC.
For the VMX1 it's only one key but it one key too many as it doesn't got much of these.

Solving this in XBMC wouldn't be smart as you'll have to manually add a fix for each button and also it wouldn't be consistent with different platform due to Xorg remapping, SDL remapping and original keycode from kernel (on Raspberry Pi for example).

I think that the best solution would be to map the scancodes to more acceptable keycodes with hwdb, this easily can be done on Linux and will solved this issue for all the different platforms on Linux (Raspberry Pi, x86_64, maybe Amlogic Buildroot).

But first OpenELEC developers might need to add a soft link to hwdb.
I've asked this on the appropriate forum, if I won't get a respone then I'll open an issue on Github.
http://openelec.tv/forum/104-bluetooth-r...ting-3-1-6

This won't help Windows and Android users.

Edit: Got an answer from OpenELEC devs on IRC channel, hopefully this will solved soon.
Edit 2: Solved, the solution might (well it's more probably, just staying on the safe side) be included in OpenELEC v4.0, anyone with such remote should be looking forward to v4.0, Kudos to Stephan and Seo for quickly solving this.
This is a great thread. I've spent a lot on remotes as well. Here are my short findings so far.

1. PS3 Remote New using blumote 2.0.4. this by far is the best remote but the hibernate feature or the batteries running out puts this out. Great feel on buttons and bluetooth range, unmatched.
2. PS3 Remote Old one. Apparantly this does not loose pairing and its true but also suffers from the dreaded depairing until reboot all of a sudden.
3. 2.4G Remote Control Air Mouse Wireless Keyboard: Remote buttons clicks. Not as sophisticated as the ps3 remote. the air mouse is annoying but you can disable that in the mouse settings of the device manager.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181206068942?ssP...1423.l2649
4. WMC Generic Remote. Works but remote is flimsy.
5. Use the Lenovo Dongle and use it with the bose lifestyle v35 universal remote. Works well but the reflex on the bose (yes) remote is subpar. does not feel great. Wonder how bose didn't come up with a good button feedback remote.

End of day I'm still looking for that right remote. If someone figures out the ps3 remote without the hibernate option and pairing issues, then that is the best remote by far. As for the keyboard, I have a logitech wireless keyboard or the iPhone that I can use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement for Motorola NYXBoard Hybrid??0