Opening URL of different plugin.
I am working on a plugin (github page) and I would like to add couchpotato support. Ideally I would like to use the existing couchpotato_manager plugin, and not rewrite everything myself, (Not to mention duplicating all the settings etc)

It seems like if I can go to the plugin url with the path "/movies/add-by-id/<imdb_id>" it would add the movie to couchpotato. How do I get XBMC to "go to" this URL?
What about searching the forum? ;-)

See here, I wrote an explanation for other developers to integrate my CouchPotato Manager Add-on.

And btw, you can also add "Add to Trakt.tv" Feature, see here.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks, you're awesome!

I think my searches were too generic.

Where would I find documentation on things like XBMC.RunPlugin. I can't seem to find that kind of stuff anywhere.
(2013-08-05, 22:04)yzupnick Wrote: Where would I find documentation on things like XBMC.RunPlugin. I can't seem to find that kind of stuff anywhere.

The builtin methods are explained here - but only in a generic context - not really add-on related.

There are two builtin methods which are really helpful for add-on context menu:
XBMC.RunPlugin(<plugin-path>)
Use this when you want to call any plugin - but the call does not return listitems, e.g. "add to couchpotato"

XBMC.Container.Update(<plugin-path>)
Use this when you want to switch to a different plugin view, e.g. "show more items by the same author".

Btw, you can add to my reputation (+/- button below my post) if my answers did help you Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opening URL of different plugin.0