Low-cost device for remote sources only (no local media required)
Which of these devices are capable of 24p ? This should be an important point, shouldn't it?

There are so many boxes out there and I still don't know which one should be the right one for me. I already did read about boxes that could cause some minor problems when they won't be 24p capable and stuff like that, or GPU drivers are not ready (no hw acceleration?). So I am really confused which box would meet my requirements and cost <=100 EUR

- Amazon Fire TV (can't purchase here in Germany)
- Intel NUC (too expensive!)
- Gigabyte Brix (too expensive, like Intel NUC)
- Google Chromebox (too expensive)
- Ouya TV game console (I don't think I want a game console with game controller,huh?? thid box is about one year old. It has Tegra3 QuadCore CPU but only 1 GB LPDDR2 RAM)
- ODROID-U3 Community Edition (would cost me 99 US$ including a case, HDMI-cable, power supply, shipping. Price is really ok and within the budget)
- HiSilikon T-R42 II MK918 (looks ok for me, but I don't anything about that box, will XBMC Gotham work on it with 24p capabilities?)
- Minix Neo X7 mini (looks ok, but is it capable of 24p and XBMC ?)
- AmLogic M8 S802 (about 72 EUR and looks nice, too.What you think?)

Any help really appreciated. I am looking for a box <100 EUR, should have a remote control (in case the TV does not support HDMI-CEC), and preferrable to have the ability to install Openelec or Raspbmc because I think it will run better on a Linux OS like Openelec or similar. But if Android+XBMC performs as good as Openelec than Android is acceptable, too. Would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks to all.
Like others have said already. You got the best option for what you are willing to spend.
If you need better performance, you will need to pay more.
That's why I asked which device <= 100 EUR will give the best performance for that price.
Android hasn't 24p.
Try and get a secondhand Acer Revo 3600, 3610 or 3700.

These work great form XBMC I managed to get a 3700 for less than £100 it plays bluray rips fine and with HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low-cost device for remote sources only (no local media required)0