Solved Edit Movie / Details will not save when OK is clicked
I was so glad to find the latest version of EMM - been using 1.2 forever and loved it.

I'm having an issue that I couldn't find in any of the posts here or bug reports. I'm finding that a few of my movies didn't have that much (or anything) on the Edit Movie / Details page, so I decided to re-scrape them to add the info. It finds everything nicely - posters, fanart, details, but when I click the OK button at the bottom, it doesn't save any of the details.

Even if I type something in manually on the Details page and click OK, it will not save it - and if there was already something in that box, it will over-write it to what it was. Ex: I tried to change a Tagline but it reverted once I clicked OK then went back to check.

I have tried running the program normally and also as administrator, but it will not save any Details.

Any help would be appreciate.
Thanks!
Zer0
(2013-08-06, 18:45)Zer0Squared Wrote: I was so glad to find the latest version of EMM - been using 1.2 forever and loved it.

I'm having an issue that I couldn't find in any of the posts here or bug reports. I'm finding that a few of my movies didn't have that much (or anything) on the Edit Movie / Details page, so I decided to re-scrape them to add the info. It finds everything nicely - posters, fanart, details, but when I click the OK button at the bottom, it doesn't save any of the details.

Even if I type something in manually on the Details page and click OK, it will not save it - and if there was already something in that box, it will over-write it to what it was. Ex: I tried to change a Tagline but it reverted once I clicked OK then went back to check.

I have tried running the program normally and also as administrator, but it will not save any Details.

Any help would be appreciate.
Thanks!
Zer0

Cany you check the nfo-file of those movies - are they named differently, are there multiple nfo files in videofolder, is it VIDEO_TS-Folder ? Maybe try to move/delete the nfo file temporarly of one of the critical movies, then refesh database, rescrape that movie and then look if nfo is build by ember and stored. Thats what I would do. Maybe you can take a look into the log folder of Ember to see if something happens when hitting the "ok" button of the edit menu Smile
(2013-08-06, 19:23)Cocotus Wrote: Cany you check the nfo-file of those movies - are they named differently, are there multiple nfo files in videofolder, is it VIDEO_TS-Folder ? Maybe try to move/delete the nfo file temporarly of one of the critical movies, then refesh database, rescrape that movie and then look if nfo is build by ember and stored. Thats what I would do. Maybe you can take a look into the log folder of Ember to see if something happens when hitting the "ok" button of the edit menu Smile

Thanks for the reply but a couple of problems with those suggestions on my end.
1. I don't have nfo files in the movie folders and I have unchecked them in Ember because all I want in the folder is the movie, a poster, and a fanart image.
2. When I go into the log folder, it is empty.

Seeing that there are no nfo's in the folders, I assume that it doesn't create one just because you clicked on OK after scraping for the details. I have since checked the box for <movie>.nfo in the Settings and am able to make edits and save correctly.

Thanks for the help!
Zer0
(2013-08-06, 19:37)Zer0Squared Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 19:23)Cocotus Wrote: Cany you check the nfo-file of those movies - are they named differently, are there multiple nfo files in videofolder, is it VIDEO_TS-Folder ? Maybe try to move/delete the nfo file temporarly of one of the critical movies, then refesh database, rescrape that movie and then look if nfo is build by ember and stored. Thats what I would do. Maybe you can take a look into the log folder of Ember to see if something happens when hitting the "ok" button of the edit menu Smile

Thanks for the reply but a couple of problems with those suggestions on my end.
1. I don't have nfo files in the movie folders and I have unchecked them in Ember because all I want in the folder is the movie, a poster, and a fanart image.
2. When I go into the log folder, it is empty.

Seeing that there are no nfo's in the folders, I assume that it doesn't create one just because you clicked on OK after scraping for the details. I have since checked the box for <movie>.nfo in the Settings and am able to make edits and save correctly.

Thanks for the help!
Zer0

Hi glad you got it to work. I believe nfo files are necessary for ember to work, and I think it's one of the main advantage in Ember to manage your movie collections offline from XBMC / YAMJ - and the key doing this is thourgh nfo files of the movie which XBMC/YAMJ respects. This has advantages like importing playcount, genre setting of each movie,moviesets and so on making the scan process in XBMC A LOT faster and you can even delete the whole XBMC database without losing any information because XBMC will build everything up using nfo information Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit Movie / Details will not save when OK is clicked0